Your most worn out deck

Citrin

Hmm I don't have any deck that's worn out (I'm a newbie!), but I guess my RWS doesn't look brand new, so to speak.

PlatinumDove

I take pretty good condition of my cards, but with time, damage does occur. *sighs* My regular Hanson Roberts has a slightly damaged card, where the two sides are coming apart on a corner.

Majecot

My most worn would have to be Arthurian Legends my second oldest and my former oldest ( still in use at my sister in laws) Enchanted. Worn but not tattered and still quite usable.

Moonchild1721

I would have to say that my Halloween deck is showing the most wear. It's not really battered up too much, just a little bend in the cards as a result of shuffling.
Samantha

magpie9

I'm on my 2nd tattered and worn Robin Wood, 'though I don't use it much anymore. My dear old Morgan Greer is soft and well worn. I have 2 Hanson-Roberts that are very well worn--one has candle wax on a few cards, and has been retired to just spell-work afrimations and such. My dear old Aquarian-- and Morgan's tarot are pretty beat up, and I have coffee stains on the "try to relax" card, LOL!

Just goes to show ya how it goes when you're incapable of getting rid of anything! But really, I never have come up with a method I'm happy with for disposing of old Tarot Decks.

Mimers

Mine would be my Tarot of Prague. It has been my main reading deck since it came out. I also have a Robin Wood that I got in trade that is pretty worn, but that was not from me.

Mimi

edited to add:

OMG this does sound awful. I love the RW deck I got in trade! I was fully aware that the deck was worn when I agreed to the trade. I don't want this to sound like I was not happy with a trade I made here. It was probably the best trade I ever made because I love the Robin Wood and use it often.

Sorry for sounding that way.

Mimi

sharpchick

My Morgan Greer. . .

GoldenWolf

My RWS I bought back in 1974 is well worn with the edges darkened from age, but still intact. I don't use it much for reading for other people anymore though I still use it for myself as it's by far the one that has seen the most use. A close runner up is my Hoi Polloi deck which was given to me as a Christmas gift around 1975 or so. I don't read with that one anymore. I have a few that showed wear when I bought them since they were old, secondhand versions to begin with.

I know a lot of books say you should keep newer, crisper looking decks especially if you are doing a reading for hire. However, I have mostly gotten positive feedback from people. I remember one man comparing my old RWS to his friend's new, shiny deck and saying, "Now that's how a Tarot deck should look!". Generally, I suppose people think you must have a lot of experience to have such a worn looking deck. I doesn't occur to them that the wear and tear might be pre-existing lol.

Glass Mermaid

My Wonderland Tarot deck, since it was my first and for a long time my only deck.

memorexe

Mage: The Ascension

My Mage/Ascension deck has been my best friend for many years--and sort of like the picture to my Dorian Gray. She's a jealous goddess --every now and then my affections are usurped by other decks such as the Secret Tarot or more recently the Gothic Tarot of the Vampires. What happens is the first few initial readings after long absences are essentially quite bitchy. Then if I persist, all is forgiven--then she begins to show me truths...