What is everybody's take on the Ms Cleo tarot deck?

magela_earth

I think the worst thing about the deck is that their namesake and most common association is with a fraud. Whether or not this effects the card's abilities, who knows, I guess that would vary. I think the art work is great. I never saw it as a failed attempt at Egyptian style, but as a little Egyptian thrown in, almost as an accent. I thoroughly enjoy their imagery, but then again, I'm drawn to the simple. Too bad she (almsot) ruined it for many.

raeanne

Hi all,
I know I am a bit odd but I thought the whole "Miss Cleo" thing was very funny. I had to get one of her decks just because it was funny. When I looked at the deck I was pleasantly surprised. They were actually much better than I thought they would be.

Kaylee Marie

I'm right there with you, Ben. Miss Cleo is awful! But hilarious at the same time -- you just have to laugh at those horrible commercials.

As for the deck itself, it's not just ugly, it's FUGLY. It's simplistic and amateurish and an insult to real egyptian artwork. It's sooo Miss Cleo. The fact that it's Egyptian doesn't even make sense! She was a fake Jamacian, not a fake Egyptian. But I guess that adds to the ridiculousness of it all.

I wouldn't even pay $1 for this deck, much less $2. Tarotbear, I say you rip open that packaging and check out the video. I'd love to know if it's as cheesy as the commercials!

ben bailey

thank you all for you input

thank you all for your input ...
blessings to all ben

tarobones

the backs

I opened my package and I must agree that the artwork could be better, but I also think the deck is much better than its reputation. Besides, I think the back design is cool.........and very "old fashioned" looking. BB, Michael

diane drizzy

Actually, I like this deck myself. There are many decks out there that leave a lot to be desired in terms of art work. I see it as a deck that does take itself too seriously, and I like that thought.

divinerguy

While I have two copies of this deck, I don't read from them. Its not a bad deck, and from a readability standpoint, its pretty good.

Its just that I have others that are my favorites.

Jeanette

I got a Ms. Cleo deck off e-bay, and gave it as a gift to my sister (sort of a gag gift, though; she really likes her Universal RWS). Anyway, my little nephew (age 6) ended up with it, and he "reads" with it, too! He looks at the images and makes up stories about people he knows, and things like that. Pretty neat, if you ask me!

MeeWah

I was surprised to find the deck to be better than its namesake's reputation & the Egyptian-themed art also a surprise.

I doubt Ms Cleo did more than lend her "name" to it to cash in on her famous persona--which technically belonged to the company she represented.

Now, her notoriety from being associated with a dubious business precedes it.

crazelion

I happen to like the deck. It's easy to read from and to use. Plus it was my price 3.00 dollars so I get started in tarot.