I got my Gilded!

Grizabella

I don't know how I passed this deck up all this time, but it's absolutely beautiful in person! More beautiful than in the scans. And it's the perfect size for shuffling even for small hands, has a wonderful lamination, the cards aren't too stiff and thick which means it shuffles beautifully, and it's close enough to RW illustrations to be read easily. I'm in love with it already! I can't seem to stop looking through it.

Scorpion

Congratulations! You won't regret investing in this deck. It's become my daily deck and every so often I bring out something else to replace it but they never last long and the Gilded's back in pride of place.

Welcome to the fan club!

TheOld

that's a verry cool thread ;)
there's times like that where you know you have done a great deal.
Have fun

Grizabella

Yes! I should have added that I got the Gilded in a trade with TheOld and I'll be forever grateful for it. You really have done a great thing. Thanks very much. I'm so surprised at how much I love this deck. I can't imagine why I kept passing it by when browsing through deck scans here and other places online. But what comes to my mind is that saying "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." It's as though this deck just appeared in my life at the right time for me to appreciate it and understand it the very most.

I'm getting ready to start reading for the public soon and I was worried about the cards that sometimes just give me sudden blank spots. I went through this deck today when I first got it and didn't have a single blank spot. Not even one. I've never experienced that with any deck I own, even though I've had some of them and used them for about five years now. It's not always the same cards that have done it------it just happens sometimes with every one of my decks with cards here and there. Maybe sometimes it will happen with this deck, too, eventually, but either this deck triggers my tarot knowledge more than others or else I've gotten it on the day when my mind suddenly kicked into gear.

I feel like I sound really silly, but I hope not. If I do, I do, though.

TheOld

This deck is really a great one, i remember when i'v buy it how i found it beautifull but for some reason it's just not my kind of deck and it was sleeping whitout helping anybody. i'm so happy that you love it, he is verry beautifull and verry accurate and should help you a lot, there's lot of symbology in it, lot of animals and planets and other picture that can mean lot of things.
i'm sure he will be a great friend for you

Love, Light & Power
Omeada

Emily

I too had always seemed to pass over the Gilded but once I'd really looked at it I realised that it was my kind of deck. The colours are jewel like and vibrant, the faces with good expressions. I like the size too and the feel of the cards when I shuffle - it reads really nicely and so easy to see the symbolism.

After the Morgan Greer I would class this as my of my favourites. :)

Emeraldgirl

The Gilded is a beautiful deck. Congratulations on getting it :D :D :D :D

Jewel

I purchased the Gilded some time ago, and although I never really used it I really like it a lot. I wish it had been around when I was starting to learn Tarot, because the imagery and the book lend itself greatly for newbies and experienced tarot readers and students a like. As a matter of fact, I have just loaned my Gilded to a friend interested in learning Tarot.

Good luck with your new deck, and may it bring you much knowledge and experience.

Osiris Darkmoon

I absolutely love my Gilded deck...it's my daily deck. I also purchased Tarot of Dreams. The imagery is stunning as well, and I love the deck, but it isn't as comfortable in my hands as the Gilded so it takes a very close second in line.

babyJo

I too LOVE my Gilded deck...

Lyric, I guess you would fall in love with Tarot of Dreams too.

:)
~Jo