I got my Gilded!

Grizabella

Yes, I've seen scans of the Tarot of Dreams and it's beautiful, but I've yet to convince my budget that I should have it. :) I'm perfectly happy with the Gilded, though. I use it many times a day and carry it with me wherever I go.

TheOld

There's someone who have said "don't repair if it's not broken"
and i'll say the same for tarot deck, don't changes if you are happy with the one you have.
Every times we change of tarot deck we open to new energy that can really make a mess in our abilities, i remember having been many month unhappy about tarot and having difficulties to read because i'v had buy another deck...
now i stay with the one i have until i really feel a urge to have something else.
I love my Alchemical Tarot :)
Love, Light & Power
Omeada

Grizabella

That's very good advice, Omeada. When I first started learning Tarot, I'd buy a new deck every time I hit a snag with one because I thought I just hadn't found the right one. It took me a long time to realise it wasn't the deck that was the problem, it was me. Once I stopped doing that and stuck with one deck even when things got difficult, things went a lot better.

Crystelle

Lyric said:
That's very good advice, Omeada. When I first started learning Tarot, I'd buy a new deck every time I hit a snag with one because I thought I just hadn't found the right one. It took me a long time to realise it wasn't the deck that was the problem, it was me. Once I stopped doing that and stuck with one deck even when things got difficult, things went a lot better.

I did the complete opposite! I never really shopped around for tarot cards and simply chalked up blank spots using the Rider Waite as inexperience or distractions from my focus. It was really weird but the moment I even saw the SCANS for this deck I KNEW it was me. My friend also reads and when I got the deck in the mail I made her come over and see it. The moment I I showed them to her she just started to shake her head and said "This deck IS YOU!" I don't think I've ever had such a strong inclination to an inanimate object... glad to see that I'm not completely insane <wink>

babyJo

I too...are still saving up for my ToD. But then I'm not in a hurry as I LOVE my Gilded Deck :) ~happy happy

My deck collection are growing fast but.. only read with the "old member"
~Jo

darkiscross

I just got the Gilded tarot at the mall this afternoon. The deck is stunning. The set comes with with a guidebook and a pretty drawstring bag, which I completed by placing two rose quartz crystals with them. I can't wait to explore these gorgeous things. ;)

One thing baffles me though. For some reason, I feel a wave of ... unsettled emotions when I see the deck. Maybe it's just my rush to look at all the details, maybe not ... erh

It's pass I hope.

.traveller.

darkiscross said:
One thing baffles me though. For some reason, I feel a wave of ... unsettled emotions when I see the deck. Maybe it's just my rush to look at all the details, maybe not ... erh

It's pass I hope.

I felt the same when I opened mine up. There was definitely an emotional response apart from looking at the actual images for me.

darkiscross

.traveller. said:
I felt the same when I opened mine up. There was definitely an emotional response apart from looking at the actual images for me.

o_O

o_O

O.O

*cues Twilight Zone theme*

Whitestar

I just felt joy ;)

.traveller.

I think it was just vibes from whomever packed the cards, in the case of my deck. It kinda felt like new job excitement, alot of different mixed up emotions but overall good feeling.
I wasn't in the mood to work with the deck yet, so I just set it aside. It's my first CG deck. I really like the colors, disappointed with a few cards, and I wish there was more of the fantasy machinery. I haven't tried reading with it yet.