Photographic RWS

Little Baron

Was walking through Camden to get my train a few days ago and browsed through a shop called 'The Works'. In the Mind, Body and Spirit section was a tarot kit. I was quite tired so didn't check the details. But the cards were from the RWS tradition but in photograph from. The kit came with a DVD to help a beginner learn the tarot. I couldn't see samples of many of the cards but each had a sentence of key words at the bottom. For that reason, and that they did look a tad 'cheap', I didn't buy them - I knew they just wouldn't get used.

But, now that I didn't get them, I am just interested in knowing a little more about them. Does anyone know this deck? I have never seen it before - either in a shop or online. The DVD had a photograph of the angel from The Lovers on it. It was a man's face but the picture had been manipulated to show the wings etc.

LB

Little Baron

There is also a larger shot of the box on Ebay - under 'Simply Tarot dvd'.

LB

Cerulean

Thanks Little Buddha--it looks like an interesting coloration

that I've not seen before.

Reminds me of the Tarot Sutra pastel colors...but the gold or yellow borders are fun. My Tarot Sutra was a 4.00 bargain bin special. I was delighted with the 'fortune cookie' style sayings and motifs that made me think of everyday sayings to apply to my RWS images.

I think I'll look for the bargain style on this. Rather pretty!

Cerulean

Little Baron

Cheers Cerulean. I think I might grab it if I see it again as it was quite a reasonable price and may be an interesting side-line to my RWS study.

LB

Cerulean

Let me know about the DVD as well...

I don't think that I have the format in the U.S. that will allow me to play the DVD...there was a reasonable "Buy It Now" on E-Bay from Great Britain...and several available there...not on abebooks or Amazon.com yet.

Oddly, there was a small Ebay scan of the World card that just seemed to show a globe, not a human figure at all. Maybe there's some changes not only in the rich colors, but the images as well.

Regards,

Cerulean

Little Baron

If I manage to get hold of a copy, I will be able to give you some more info about the cards. Unfortunately, a branch of the shop that I saw it in is not that near to where I live, but if I run into it again, I will pick a pack up.

LB

Emily

Hi LB,

It looks interesting and different - there is also a Works shop near to where I live and I went in a couple of days ago to see if they have this set in yet but they were still moving the Christmas stock out and they didn't have it - I came out with two cut-price tarot books instead so not a total loss. :) - but more interesting - I didn't know they had a website where you can order online from })

gregory

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh thanks !

Emily

lol :) :D }) - ahh the joys of online shopping