Magic cards of the Russian Sybil (LS)

catlin

Hi there,
Does anybody know or use these cards? If so, what is your opinion?

darwinia

They haven't been released in North America yet

http://www.houseoftarot.com/Pre-orders+(New!)/PRE-ORDER+Magic+Cards+Kit+by+Lo+Scarabeo.html

April 2006 is the publication date over here.

Think you must be the only one in Europe who knows about them!

catlin

I even own them now!

But I have to admit that I am a bit nitpicky about the elemental correspondancies.

darwinia

What's the artwork like Catlin? All I could see was the picture/card on the box which looks a bit kaleidoscope-y or mandala-like.

Are all the cards like that? Thanks.

catlin

The artwork is not related to Russian or common playing card outline. Ok, there are elemental suits (although the system how the elements are matched to the suits seems a bit strange but I am nitpicky about this like that).

It is more graphical, has a kind of scientific touch, it is really hard to explain.

Until now I only had time to browse the cards and the booklet (this time it is a nice sturdy booklet, not just a small LWB). I will get a second copy of this deck for miss_yuko so we can both tell you more about this set.

darwinia

catlin said:
It is more graphical, has a kind of scientific touch, it is really hard to explain.

Well, this sounds intriguing. If you or Miss Yuko can post a couple of scans eventually that would be appreciated.

I am surprised that there are no pictures of it available. I always think that means it's a stinker and they're afraid to show it, but I LOVE unpopular decks, so I am hopeful for your study.

Thanks.

agedog1

Not terribly impressed by them, wouldn't use, or add them to my collection

catlin

I bought them because they look a bit strange, nothing similar in my collection.

darwinia

catlin said:
I bought them because they look a bit strange, nothing similar in my collection.

ALWAYS the best reason. Who needs another twee R-W clone when there are interesting and different decks and books in the world?

Such disdain agedog, perhaps your life would change if you did attempt to use the unimpressive? You never know.

Wow, there's a concept.