Why do i get headaches after a Tarot reading?

rash212

I have noticed this trend in me... everytime i finish doing a reading.. maybe like 5 readings a day.. i feel a kind of heaviness in my head..! Also, surprisingly, that very night I just can't sleep!

Any thoughts as to why this is happening or what should I do in regard to this issue?!!!

Note:- I always wear crystals to protect myself during any readings.

DraagonStorm

Before you start reading, do you center and ground yourself? And then after the readings, do you release the power back into the universe? Just some thoughts... If you keep the power within, that can cause all kinds of havic!

DraagonStorm

Eco74

I call that tarot-overload..

I did a Reflecting Pools spread one day (30-card-spread), and slept great the night that followed dreaming in full color and felt fabulous when I woke up.
The next day I did another one and the second night was not as pleasant.. Tossing, turning, finding it hard to relax and the third-eye-strain (slight headache right in the middle of my forehead) felt horrible.

So, too much tarot or not enough cleansing inbetween I guess..
Cleansing, grounding and shielding would be the way to go, or back down from the number of readings (if possible) and work ones way up bit by bit.

For some, drinking a glass of water (and having another glass of water - not for drinking but for soaking up the extra energy) on the table helps.
Also, washing ones hands (and face?) could be worth a try to clear the energy between readings.
Maybe a glass or bowl of saltwater on the table could help soak up the extra energy and/or help clear you between readings. Washing your hands with salt could be worth a try considering the cleansing qualities of salt..

Just a few ideas...
The main thing would be to find a way to clear the energy after a reading, and shielding could also help you along.

doreen

Protection

I agree with Dragoonstorm,
It is very important to centre and ground yourself before a reading and afterwards return tis energy into the ground ie walk in the garden, stamp your feet on the earth outside or by meditation.
Before you do a reading I would suggest calling in protection from negativity, etc encircle yourself in a blue white light or put up a shield to protect you from psychic attack.
Doreen.

Runedancer

Centering and grounding is very important when you're working with energy. Without it, you've got all sorts of excess energy that can cause dizziness, hyperactivity, headaches, etc. A good way to ground and release excess energy is to imagine a root going down through your spine into the ground, then the energy going back into the ground and dissipating.

Zephyros

I agree with the others here that reading demands great concentration and can be very tiring, especially if you are doing many reading each day. Perhaps taking some time off between the readings, drinking some water, washing your face or listening to some music will help ease your headaches.

llee

I also found Tarot reading drains me a lot of energy. The funny thing is that when i put my *real* 3-inch diameter clear quartz cystal ball in front of me during reading (like a wiz), more energy was drained. And that made me sooo tired after reading.
So now I have put it away from my desk.

pepperi

Hello all........The reason you get headaches is because you are picking up the negativity from the person or people you are reading. I agree with everyone on centering yourself before and after readings. I use the LBPR or psalm 23. I also wear my amulet and burn camphor incense. Just some thoughts!

rash212

Thankyou so much for those lovely suggestions! I will start grounding myself! Even use extra protection from now onwards!!!!

Alissa

Along with centering and grounding, try Umbrae's "flooding." Drink lots more water while you're at it.... Very good for readers who are getting post-reading hangovers.