Why do i get headaches after a Tarot reading?

Glass Owl

To add more about the book "Better Read Than Dead"

Here's what Diane Dreher's book "The Tao Of Inner Peace" says about this:

"The negative energies of others can pollute your body's aura or energy field. When your energy is high, the aura forms a strong protective shield, but negative energy can wear it thin, weakening your immune system.

When you're assaulted by a blast of negative energy, excuse yourself for a minute. Go off somewhere by yourself (a storeroom or restroom will do.)

Rub your hands briskly together. Then move them in an arc over your head and down the sides of your body, visualizing yourself surrounded by a white healing light. Say to yourself, 'I am peace.'"

In the detective fiction novel, "Better Read Than Dead," the main character is a psychic intuitive and she mentions getting a psychic headache. "In my line of work it is really easy to overdo. I've learned that if you take on too many clients in one day or work too many consectuive days in a row, it can feel like you've run a marathon. No amount of sleep will help. Only a day or two off work will do the trick."

This book is part of an excellent series is written by Victoria Laurie who is a professional psychic and I can't say enough great things about them. But be sure to read them in order. The second book in the series "Better Read Than Dead" has some great stuff about Tarot in it.

--Glass Owl

tell me about it

Help!!!

I'm relatively new at this, I got a deck in August, played with it a few times, and put it away. Then began really reading shortly after Christmas. It started out me reading for one friend, and then two friends, and then three, then four... until now, I have several people asking me for readings on a fairly regular basis.

I have had a history of being extremely accurate. I find this particularly shocking on the things that I have no reason to think or say. My friend Josh who bought me my first deck tells me I am an intuitive. I haven't been doing this long enough to know what that means.

The problem is that as people are asking me for several readings a day, I find that I am becoming exhausted! I almost dread doing the readings by the third try, but I really like practicing. I also find that when I have a lot of people demanding readings of me, my readings are less accurate, or rather less consistent, and that bothers me.

When I finish the readings, I feel like sleeping, but I can't fall asleep, and I sleep less when I do. Also, my head starts to ache a little.
How do I find my limit? Should I have a limit on how many I can do? Would it affect my reading that I've begun to notice other talents in my life? (being able to tell when a friend will be calling or stopping by. "guessing" what people are asking me to look up at work with basically no description. etc.)
Help!
~Katie

rash212

Thanks GLass owl, that was a very interesting paragraph that you posted! I shall hunt for that book!!

Dear Katie,
Like everyone said-----ground, ground ground yourself, or try and make your aura strong by meditating each day, trying to lessen contact with negative people or negative energies, placing a bowl of water somewhere near where you are reading, and wear alot of crystals for your protection!

I feel just before any reading it is good to visualize yourself covered in white light for protection!!!

hope this helps
rash

Alpha-Omega

if i doing reading late at night i get tried. my head does hurt a little. but nothing to bad.

La Maschera

Similar problem here.

Grizabella

Something must be wrong with me. I never center and ground myself, never wear crystals, don't drink extra water, never smudge or re-order my cards...none of that stuff and I feel no adverse effects whatsoever, even doing multiple readings a day. Am I a freak or something?

Karrma

Or right with you. Just starting something new is always more tiring to the brain, and also some muscle tension could be going on.

darling

I also find that I'm very limited in the amount of readings I can do. Three short readings in one day is usually my limit, and I need at least two days off every week. I don't get the headaches so much, but I often get totally drained after reading.

I burn natural incense and feel benefits from this. After each reading I shuffle the cards, swipe them with incense and also move the incense smoke around myself and imagine the energies cleansing.

I find walking outside, especially if it's warm and sunny, to be cleansing and energising.

However, I'm still obviously doing something "wrong" here - using unsuitable crystals or being lazy with the meditation perhaps, as I do get very exhausted with it.