KAPLAN Collection (Tarock) Christies Auction. Excitement

agedog1

Excitement, Excitement.

For those of you that haven’t heard! Part of the Stuart and Marilyn R. Kaplan Collection is going to be auction off At Christies in New York on June 21st, 2006.

Collection will be touring first and I KNOW those of you in London, Paris, Munich, and New York, will want to try and get a gander of the FABULOUS Taro (Tarock) that will be auctioned. I have seen them OOOOHHH. WOW!

So I am putting the places and dates for those of you who want to see the collection

Christie’s London, MAY 20 – 25th 2006
85 Old Brompton Road
London SW7 3LD
Tel: 44 (0) 20 7930 6074

Christie’s Paris, May 29-30th 2006
9 Avenue Matignon
Paris 75008
Tel: 33 1 40 76 8585

Christie’s Munich June 1-2nd 2006
Residenzstrasse 27
80333 Munich
Tel: 49 89 2420 96 80

Christie’s New York June 17th-20th
20 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020
Tel: 1-212-636-2665

The Catalogue is not online Yet. I did get a copy of the flyer from the 52 Jokers Plus club.

Checked Christies and I don’t think the catalogue will be available till May. Will keep you all updated!

Elven

I was only reading an article yesterday online (think it was the USGames site) where in 2002 he talked about auctioning his collection so that he knew that it could be distributed to those who had an appreciation for the decks and cards and all the associated bits he has - and hes got alot!!

This would be an awesome exhibition to see!

Blessings
Elven x

Elven

WOW - Thanks for the link Cerulean! Where can I get a few thousand dollars from to get Visconti Card!! LOL!! :p

Blessings
Elven x

agedog1

Thanks for the link, gosh I wish I was computer literate. I've been on computers since 1980 but I just can't seem to get the hang of things. Now that really stinks because I have Uranus in my first house, you would think computers would be natural for me.

Called Christie's again today, Catalog won't be available until 3 to 4 weeks before the auction. OH I want to go so bad!!!

HearthCricket

I love the way this forum is just chuck full of people with great information! I just ordered the Stuart Kaplan catalogue, too, and though I am pretty darn sure I am not getting anything, I think the catalogue, alone, is worth the price. What a treasure to stick with my Kaplan Encyclopedias! Oh, happy, happy day!!

Silverlotus

How much is the catalog? And how does one order it? I didn't see a link.

HearthCricket

The catalogue is $35.00, USA, and I just called customer service at Christie's, in New York. There is also a UK number. I just followed the link AgeDog gave and looked for the contact us link. I am not sure that includes shipping-probably not. I didn't bother to ask. I just consider it an investment of fine fun!

le pendu

I just called and ordered mine!

OMG.. I am tingling with excitement! Well.. if I can't have any of these decks... at least I can have the catalogue!

But some of the decks ARE tempting, many are listed as estimated for $300-$600... I mean.. it IS possible that a bit of tarot history could be had.

Have you all looked through the entire collection online???

It is amazing. Page after page of wonderful decks. There are so many that make me just drool!!

Ugh.. shake it off robert, shake it off!

;)
robert