Can you help me decide? DaVinci Enigma or LS DaVinci ?

punchinella

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Enigma deck features Leonardo's art, and the LS deck features someone else's art styled in his manner . . . right? I don't own the LS deck, but this was the impression I got from the package a few weeks ago at Borders. For me, the Enigma deck wins hands down, for this reason.

gregory

That is all very well when you are talking about buying art; yes, the Enigma is lovely to look at. But if someone wants to READ with a deck - I just can't with the Enigma. Beautiful as it is.

nightillusion

I would prefer a deck to read with. From what's been said, it's looking like the LS Da Vinci is the better choice for that. I appreciate everyone contributing their opinions.

Sidhe-Ra

P.S. Caitlin did a reading for me with the davinci Enigma, and it was spot on! I suppose it really does come down to taste it and see...go on, buy both! })

lark

Sidhe-Ra said:
go on, buy both! })
ohhh YOU ARE TOO NAUGHTY!

I'm leaning toward the Enigma myself.
Still not sure if I even want either...I'm getting picky about deck buying.

nightillusion

Sidhe-Ra said:
P.S. Caitlin did a reading for me with the davinci Enigma, and it was spot on! I suppose it really does come down to taste it and see...go on, buy both! })

I would, but I have to put the brakes on at some point, don't I?! ;-) This place is VERY enabling!

I bought the LS Da Vinci deck and book set. I have read some of the book and really like it. I have only looked through the cards so far, but I like what I see!

Maybe I'll get the other one on the next paycheck!

seneris

I went to a bookshop today and looked inside the LS kit. I was very disappointed about the book accompanying the deck. I actually wouldn't dare call it a book, it was more like a BWB (big white booklet). There were only 64 pages! Okay, each page was divided into two columns and the font was reasonably tiny, but the whole thing didn't look worthwhile to me. So I guess I'll stick to my three Leonardo-decks then.

rainwolf

I don't really like LS decks...they feel cheap to me.

I've seen pictures of both and I think the Enigma deck is more thought provoking in pictures. LS never gets that part right.

mythos

I have both, and for reading - if I read rather than drooled over the artwork, I'd go with the LS one. I've noticed that the Enigma is beginning to show up cheaply secondhand on ebay - which suggests that people aren't finding it useful as a reader's deck. But, it is a joy to explore the imagery. Maybe, you can get both by picking up a second-hand Enigma cheap on ebay.

mythos:)

Little Baron

I have never been a fan of LS decks. I don't often like the subjects and I can't stand the many titles in different languages.

But here, I think that the LS is the one I would choose. I looked through an open pack and found it to be quite beautiful. Some really lovely images. The Enigma one looks flat to me. The only problem some might have with the LS one is that the images may become a little similar, it seemed.

But on the whole, visually, I would go with the LS one

LB