Tarocco delle Stelle

petegrey

Just got this one today. I love it. The book that comes with it is very comprehensive. It is, however, in Italiano. Good thing the cards are really easy to understand and interpret.

Does anyone else have this deck? Thoughts? Experiences?

Cerulean

Enjoy the design, think the text is a little--well, very involved...

if you search various threads here, there's plenty of people asking if this was available in English. It took me quite awhile to puzzle out a section off and on, so your post is a good reminder when I have time that I take it out and have a small go...unfortunately, don't have lots of free time to puzzle out the text.

For shorthand and the gist of the design, yes the cards are lovely and detailed and easy enough by looking at the keywords in different languages to understand what he meant. I've been known to grab the Tavaglione Tarot LWB to see if there's similarity in meanings/keywords to puzzle out more details of the Stella.

I do like the deck very much!

Cerulean

tarotbear

This is one of my most favorite decks to use! I have shown the book to many, many people in an attempt to get it translated, and they all have looked at it and shaken their heads, saying 'It's very technical Italian.' I never knew if the Italian was technical or the tarot terms were what they didn't understand.

Most places that use this deck with an English text are using the translation to Tavaglione's 'Stairs of Gold' tarot.

If you want to translate the book into English, there are many of us who would buy it!

petegrey

I thought about translating it, but it is pretty sizeable. If I do, I'll keep ya in mind. Think there are others interested?

darwinia

Think there are others interested?

I don't have this particular Italian deck but I do have the Tarocchi Celtici by Laura Tuan which is also an Italian-only book/deck set.

Now THAT one I would be interested in for a full English translation of a book. Lovely cards--on that textured paper-like unlaminated cardstock--big cards, complicated, interesting imagery.

One of the members here (Pollux) started a Yahoo list for translating the Majors--did a wonderful job, but incomplete in comparison to the full book.

Yummy. Have you got that one Pete? <g> You could make some money at this. Earn money for the Poggi Dante, translate many books into English.

Some of these Italian cards are so very good.

I love the detail on the Tarocco delle Stelle although I don't own it.

petegrey

I dont have that one yet, Darwinia. But I may need to add it to my list soon. I looked at the pictures here and its very interesting!