advice before cleaning out my tarot closet...

Téa

I am thinking about perhaps offering some of my decks for trade or sale, either here on AT or on ebay. Problem is I am not updated on the value and interest of the decks and boxed sets I have, so before I go in the trading section or on ebay, would anybody be kind enough to help me out with this? I´d like to know if anyone would be interested at all in the decks I have to offer. Like I said, I haven´t made up my mind yet, so this is not a trading offer, it is just a question about the value and worth of the decks since I am essentially clueless!

Here are some:

Tarot:

- Lover´s Path Limited Edition by Kris Waldherr, includes extra card and other goodies in mint condition.

- Pocket Goddess Tarot by Kris Waldherr, still in box, never used.

- Rider de Luxe, edition with gilded edges and green back design, opened but never used.

- Giant Rider, opened and hardly used.

- Large Thoth, from AGMuller blue box, as new, but box missing.

- Tarot of the Orishas, used deck in great condition, including box with shelfwear.

- Large Visconti-Sforza, Pierpont-Morgan edition in box, opened but hardly used.

- Gilded Dali tarot

- Tarot of the Golden Tsar, Lo Scarabeo, including original box.

- Visconti- Sforza, Lo Scarabeo, including original box.

- Hello Tarot, the Hello Kitty Tarot

Oh I have several more but I have to come back and update.

Oracles:

Froud´s faerie´s oracle, mint condition including original box, plus extra bag for deck and book.

What would be reasonable to ask for in exchange for these decks? Appreciate all the help I can get!

Crowqueen

Most tarot decks in good condition, even opened are worth at least £10 ($15+, EUR 15), probably more (that said I get most of mine through Amazon at about £6-£8 ($10+, EUR 10) as I am not earning much at the moment). Make sure you don't underprice them and don't forget to factor postage into the end price.

So long as they still have all the relevant cards and LWB you could probably get away with selling on eBay, best thing is though to put them on at a low start bid for "psychological reasons" as if people think they are getting a bargain they will bid. However I think it is better to keep eBay for the unopened decks and trade the opened ones on here as on eBay you are dealing with a more commercial market which may well be dissatisfied if you send out an opened product.

PS you have lovely goods there and if you do open a trading thread I will be along for a look!

sunflowr

If you decide to, I'd be very interested in the Frouds Fairies w/bag! :) Am PMing you.

Alta

Rider de Luxe, edition with gilded edges and green back design, opened but never used
I think this one may be fairly valuable. I am sure it is unusual, it is one of the ones in the big collection that Mark M won recently and he was commenting on it.

Again, not an expert, but any deck still readily available, you should expect to get less than market price, maybe 60% of the going rate at best.

Limited and special editions, especially if no longer readily available, I would think you should get a premium on them.

The Hello Kitty should get you a premium, as the Hello Kitty people forced the deck off the market about a year or so ago.

Summerdream

I am very interested in the Rider Deluxe edition. I'm pming you!

Summerdream:)

petegrey

Interested in the Large Swiss Thoth. WHat are the dimensions?

Sulis

Moderator Note

Could I just remind people that this is the TAROT DECKS forum and not TAROT TRADING.

This is not a trading thread.

Should Tea decide that she wants to trade some of these decks then I'm sure she will post a thread in Tarot Trading - which is the correct forum.

Thank you

Sulis- co-moderator - Tarot Decks, Tarot Trading

Annabelle

About the Hello Kitty deck - if I were you, I would hold onto it. It's very difficult to find these days, and also very difficult to sell it, as the company that owns the Hello Kitty franchise found out about the Hello Kitty tarot sometime back and were not at all pleased. The deck is no longer produced and no longer available for sale from any retail sources, and I haven't even seen it on eBay for a long, long time.

If you do decide to trade or sell your copy, you might find it best and easiest to use the Trading forum here, rather than calling attention to yourself on eBay.

lunakasha

Téa said:
I am thinking about perhaps offering some of my decks for trade or sale, either here on AT or on ebay. Problem is I am not updated on the value and interest of the decks and boxed sets I have, so before I go in the trading section or on ebay, would anybody be kind enough to help me out with this?

Just wanted to add that Jeannette from TarotGarden (also an Aeclectic member) might be able to help you with determining the current "value" or going-rate for some of the out-of-print and/or rare decks such as Hello Kitty and the Deluxe Rider. She has been very helpful to me in the past, when I asked about some pricing "guidelines".....good luck!

:) Luna

thinbuddha

In ebay auctions, I find that if you price your merchandise *really* low (like $1 plus shipping) that it gets a lot of attention, and usually gets bid up beyond where I might be inclined to put a reserve or starting bid. As has been mentioned, don't sell yourself short on shipping charges- remember that ebay is going to bill you roughly 10% of your final sale price, so you should include a couple extra dollars in the shipping and handling.

Also- I find that, somehow, people are willing to pay $10 + $9 shipping (total $19) for some item that they are not willing to pay $15 + $4 shipping (total $19). Sounds like a fantastic lie, but it is very true. I suggest that the item price be low, with higher shipping (but don't go above $9 for shipping).

-tb