Empress and Queen of pentacles?

gorgeousbutterfly

they are so alike!!! what do you think are the differences?

the empress is probaly more intutive then the queen of pentacles, the queen of pentacles doesn't bother what that kind of stuff. hmmmm i can't see that many differences. it hink i do but i can't even explain it for some reason. i also see the queen of pentacles as someone who manages money and the empress as someone who stays at home taking care of the kids. lol she has her emperor who takes care of everything like that. i see queen of pentacles as more of a mother and a provider. she is indepedent and doesn't need a man, not that the empress is dependent. if the empress isn't working she already has alot of money in the bank and is just enjoying the abundance of life. now what else? i am trying to think....

WaterSong

hummmm....good question....the way I see the Empress she is also a lot more creative than the queen of pentacles.The Queen of pentacles can be a little bit too short sighted sometimes, and practical.
As far as she is ok, and her people are ok, all is well for her.
I see the Empress as more generous than that, more all inclusive, like a big mother figure.
The queen of pentacles is a good planner and administrator, I see the Empress more like a sensual type of being.

ok, got all confused muself now :laugh:

gorgeousbutterfly

you see it excatly like i do magenta

Sophie

The Empress is a Major Arcana - a much broader and deeper archetype. She is echoed in all four of the Queens, but goes beyond them too - not so mundane. Although it's fashionable nowadays to make the Empress into some kind of earth mama, "the nurturer" - she is so much more than that. She is Woman, with all her strength and weakness, her sensuality and her intelligence, her nurturing and her wounds, her divine and her human side. She is creator and destroyer, mother and lover, artist and intellectual. She is Innana, Isis, Hathor, Brigid, Morgan la Fay, Aphrodite and Hecate. She is a garden in flower and a love letter to the Emperor. She is a fountain and a well of tenderness and a flood of grief or anger. To limit her to a single court card is to limit the breadth of your own womanhood, or of your understanding of womanhood if you are a man.

So, there is something of the Empress in the Queen of Pentacles, but there is also something of the Empress in the other Queens - and when you have seen all that, you have only begun to scratch the surface of the Empress.

It takes a lifetime to get to know her, to live her, to love her.

And that's only one of the female archetypes in the Major Arcana ;)

gorgeousbutterfly

Helvetica, good interpetation :)

"The Empress is a Major Arcana - a much broader and deeper archetype. She is echoed in all four of the Queens, but goes beyond them too - not so mundane."

- you are so right here. very good thing to point out. i also think the empress is always going to be an empress she truley knows who she is very deep down and spirtually. she has much much much experience of what she does she expertise in the whole feminine principle. she is the mother of all the queens. she has already been all the queens. she is the ultimate women. thats why she is compared to the goddesses because the goddesses are very very devoloped. the queen's are just mundae. and i see anybody who is a queen of cups,pentacles etc will change and move on to other things while the empress is always an empress. thats why its a major arcana.

tink27

Helvetica said:
The Empress is a Major Arcana - a much broader and deeper archetype. She is echoed in all four of the Queens, but goes beyond them too - not so mundane. Although it's fashionable nowadays to make the Empress into some kind of earth mama, "the nurturer" - she is so much more than that. She is Woman, with all her strength and weakness, her sensuality and her intelligence, her nurturing and her wounds, her divine and her human side. She is creator and destroyer, mother and lover, artist and intellectual. She is Innana, Isis, Hathor, Brigid, Morgan la Fay, Aphrodite and Hecate. She is a garden in flower and a love letter to the Emperor. She is a fountain and a well of tenderness and a flood of grief or anger. To limit her to a single court card is to limit the breadth of your own womanhood, or of your understanding of womanhood if you are a man.

So, there is something of the Empress in the Queen of Pentacles, but there is also something of the Empress in the other Queens - and when you have seen all that, you have only begun to scratch the surface of the Empress.

So beautifully written and said.

The Queens are the conduits of her energy.

tink

WaterSong

Helvetica said:

Helvetica, another beautifully explained interpretation...:)

xoxoxoxox