does this happen to anyone...

harleyquinn

okay everyone knows about jumpers but what do u do when u can get an entire reading out of them. i usually just do the readings for myself with all my fallouts and jumpers does anybody else do readings this way????
*~~HARLEYQUINN~~*

animae

jumpers demand to be read

I've never experienced a whole reading with just jumpers, but my friend shared with me that just recently, she was cleaning her house and came across a deck that she hadn't worked with in years. As she was cleaning around it, 7 cards just jumped out and demanded to be read (her words). The cards reflected many of the issues that she has been facing in the last year.

As for me, I usually incorporate jumpers into my readings as focusing or clarifying cards.

Major Tom

harleyquinn said:
okay everyone knows about jumpers but what do u do when u can get an entire reading out of them.

The first question that springs to mind is are you sure you didn't just drop your deck? There's nothing wrong with that, I've known people to throw the cards in the air and then proceed to construct a very good reading from how they landed. Nonetheless my first impression is that you're being a bit clumsy with your shuffling and you certainly can then proceed to use those cards for a reading without any problems.

If the cards are literally jumping out then I'd say you really ought to pay attention to what they're trying to tell you.

Guiding Cauldron

funny i just had this

This morning i did a reading and usually pick my card of the day.

But my reading was done by three jumper cards as I shuffled the deck. I usually shuffle very carefully and do not rush. SO I thought this very odd when three cards jumped out. I placed them face down, then pulled one last card after I had shuffled. Then I turned them all over in order of how they acame out.

Every card went togther perfectly and produced a reading for myself that I needed to hear and be aware of. Didn't like all of it but it is pertinent to what is currently happening in my life. :)

Definetly pay attention to your jumpers, they are special nuts of wisdom for u.

MoonLitCrystal

I find, just like everyone says, that if a card jumps out and you put it back in, it usually shows up in the reading anyway ;)

SunChariot

I've never had enough to do a whole reading. Usually I just add them on to the end as an additon to the reading.

I get confused though when a few jump out togetherm like 5 fall out together in a pile. I never know if I should take just the first, or consider all of them. What do people do with that? Hope you know what I mean...

Babs

SunChariot

sunshineluvr said:
I usually shuffle very carefully and do not rush.
I do the opposite. I usually shuffle quite fast and a bit haphazardly (even though I am focusing on the question as I shuffle, I am not always conscioously looking at my hands). I think I am trying to invite jumpers. I like them as I consider them extra special messages from the universe, so I welcome them and do what I can to invite them into the reading. :grin:

Babs

MoonLitCrystal

I had a cool experience with a jumper last night. I was shuffling to do a reading about my job, and for the first time ever, I sort of talked to the cards. I told them that I was confused, and didn't really know if I was just being paranoid or if there was a real problem, etc. Well guess which card jumped out? 2 of Swords! I thought, "Wow, perfect. The deck is letting me know that it's listening!"

SunChariot

MoonLitCrystal said:
I had a cool experience with a jumper last night. I was shuffling to do a reading about my job, and for the first time ever, I sort of talked to the cards. I told them that I was confused, and didn't really know if I was just being paranoid or if there was a real problem, etc. Well guess which card jumped out? 2 of Swords! I thought, "Wow, perfect. The deck is letting me know that it's listening!"

I love that story. It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :grin:

Babs

Crowqueen

The other night one of my Morgan-Greer cards got stuck in the box. It was the 10 of Wands, suggesting I was oppressed by something. I did the reading, found the 10 of Wands had got stuck, and decided not to reshuffle but to add it to a simple, 3-card, decision-making spread. The oppression card (of rational logic over intuition and psychic confidence) was probably more appropriate to the entire atmosphere than the rest of the reading, which was a bit garbled. However the "outcome" card, the 5 of Coins, was broadly accurate, being the "beggar on a beach of gold" card - perhaps the Oppressive left brain rationalist was telling me that I was stupid to be holding out for my hopes rather than cutting my losses and making a compromise.

It also symbolised my mother, who is one of the most oppressive people I know without really meaning to be, who is influenced by the last thing she reads in the newspapers and therefore oscillates between supporting my hopes and crushing them beneath her heels. The sooner I get out of home and start living my own life the better I think.

In general I have looked at jumpers/stuck-in-the-boxes and take note of them but usually proceed with the reading as normal.