Flavio's niche in life.

Flavio

This reading was made a couple weeks ago using Baroli52's "Your true niche in life" spread.

Deck: World Spirit (the Travelling Deck actually)

1. Current situation: Death
“Dead end” came to mind after when I got the Trump, but actually it isn’t like that, I use to enjoy my job, get to do interesting things and travel, but from 5 years or so, besides my other activities I’ve been doing the same boring sales thing, the matter with this is that delivery schedules are very tight, follow up the shipments from the other side of the world until it reaches the final destination is stressful indeed. As the deck used is the World Spirit and Death shows a funeral pyre, I think it shows me “burned out” by this activity.

2. Why isn’t working? Seeker(Knight) of Swords
I do enjoy to travel even when doing business trips, the sales office job isn’t as dynamic as I would like it to be, neither mind challenging. card image

3. What are your strengths? 3 of Wands
I have a lot of energy and can inspire other people, I see the character of this card as someone leading the ships instead of waiting for them to come back like in the RWS deck.

4. What are your weaknesses? 8 of Cups
I’ve been told and warned many times (even on a couple reading here on AT) that I always look for emotional rewards from my job and that shouldn’t be, this card speaks very clear about it (again)

5. How do you combine your weakness and strenght to find your niche in life? Ace of Wands
I can transmit an optimistic spirit and even lead other people, but sometimes I can not find the way to cheer myself up.

6. How to find your true niche? Seer(Page) of Wands
Page and Knight of Wands are the cards that I relate more, had used them as my significator and previous experience in readings without significator that show any of those cards are referring to me without any doubt.

So what is this card telling me? I need a fresh approach to my job, remember what I like about it and fascinated me when it just started, I got to recover my inner strength (this seer looks like a lower version of the Strenght) affirm myself and do whatever is needed.

7. Where/When will find my true niche?: 10 of Pentacles
World Spirit 10 of Pentacles is quite an unusual card and one of the most commented from this deck (along with “The Sun” baby Nixon) anyway going back to the reading, 10 of Pentacles is all about tradition, the man in the card is outside the circle, I think I must think “outside the box” and forget the traditional way of job so far and open to a different one.

The man is looking at children inside the circle, maybe I have understand that “childhood” in the company is for someone else not for me any more, I am more to share experience with new generations and be more mature on the way I take the daily events.

8. Who will help? 7 of Wands
I do believe Tarot readings are all about personal empowerment, so I do not expect someone else to come out of nowhere and help me, as the spread is designed like this I read this position like that open to whatever message it brings.

OK, now I’m shocked, this 7 of Wands shows an oriental woman (looks more like Chinese) handling 2 wands on fire defending herself from another 5 wands, why am I shocked? because I work in a company with japanese investors, does it mean the company itself is what will help me find my niche?

9. My true niche is: Temperance
I got surprised because the spread started and ended with Trumps, actually XIII and XIV are sequencial Trumps, I think those 2 cards carry the strongest message in the whole spread, what I am doing now is not so different of my true niche but I must find the way to organize and balance my activities, schedules and even the much needed rest periods and holidays so I can enjoy more what used to be a nice job.

Bad_Calvin

Wow! That is a nice spread indeed! Good overall reading, I think you are dead on. thank you for sharing. I may have to try that spread.

Flavio

Bad_Calvin said:
Wow! That is a nice spread indeed! Good overall reading, I think you are dead on. thank you for sharing. I may have to try that spread.
You're welcome, it is really a nice spread I believe you would enjoy it if try.

zannamarie

Flavio,

I think you did a really good job of interpreting this. Here are a couple of observations from an outsider looking at the cards (or the ones you posted, anyhow - that was helpful as I don't have this deck).

Flavio said:
4. What are your weaknesses? 8 of Cups[/b]
I’ve been told and warned many times (even on a couple reading here on AT) that I always look for emotional rewards from my job and that shouldn’t be, this card speaks very clear about it (again)
I also see this card as the ability to move on. Knowing when to say 'I give' and quit something that is just not getting you where you want to be. This might tie in with #1 card in that you might have burned yourself out by not knowing when it was time to move on and maybe try a different approach.

Flavio said:
6. How to find your true niche? Seer(Page) of Wands[/b]
Page and Knight of Wands are the cards that I relate more, had used them as my significator and previous experience in readings without significator that show any of those cards are referring to me without any doubt.

So what is this card telling me? I need a fresh approach to my job, remember what I like about it and fascinated me when it just started, I got to recover my inner strength (this seer looks like a lower version of the Strenght) affirm myself and do whatever is needed.
Keep trying, try new approaches to your passion. This might tie in to #4 weaknesses (8 of cup) in that you may be trying to make a situation work that really should be looked at from a new perspective.

Flavio said:
7. Where/When will find my true niche?: 10 of Pentacles[/b]
World Spirit 10 of Pentacles is quite an unusual card and one of the most commented from this deck (along with “The Sun” baby Nixon) anyway going back to the reading, 10 of Pentacles is all about tradition, the man in the card is outside the circle, I think I must think “outside the box” and forget the traditional way of job so far and open to a different one.

The man is looking at children inside the circle, maybe I have understand that “childhood” in the company is for someone else not for me any more, I am more to share experience with new generations and be more mature on the way I take the daily events.
Rediscovering the joys of childhood? Maybe this suggests taking some time to watch some children play. Many children have no problem trying new approaches when the ones that they are doing are not working. Tell a kid 'no he can't have that' and he'll try from every angle he can think of to get you to change your mind. This might tie in with #6 Seer of Wands.

Flavio said:
8. Who will help? 7 of Wands[/b]
I do believe Tarot readings are all about personal empowerment, so I do not expect someone else to come out of nowhere and help me, as the spread is designed like this I read this position like that open to whatever message it brings.

OK, now I’m shocked, this 7 of Wands shows an oriental woman (looks more like Chinese) handling 2 wands on fire defending herself from another 5 wands, why am I shocked? because I work in a company with japanese investors, does it mean the company itself is what will help me find my niche?
Someone always helps us. Unless you own the company, someone hired you, someone pays you, etc. So, although tarot is personally empowering, people do help us all the time in ways we don't even realize. I like how you were able to make a connection to your current workplace with this card. I have a different deck but I always see this card as having a little mystery to it. We must be courageous and step into what may be unknown for us. And maybe thinking that someone else could help you is an unknown for you?

Flavio said:
9. My true niche is: Temperance[/b]
I got surprised because the spread started and ended with Trumps, actually XIII and XIV are sequencial Trumps, I think those 2 cards carry the strongest message in the whole spread, what I am doing now is not so different of my true niche but I must find the way to organize and balance my activities, schedules and even the much needed rest periods and holidays so I can enjoy more what used to be a nice job.
Union and harmony - I think you've interpreted this well for yourself.

Good luck. :)

Flavio

zannamarie said:
I also see this card as the ability to move on. Knowing when to say 'I give' and quit something that is just not getting you where you want to be. This might tie in with #1 card in that you might have burned yourself out by not knowing when it was time to move on and maybe try a different approach.

Keep trying, try new approaches to your passion. This might tie in to #4 weaknesses (8 of cup) in that you may be trying to make a situation work that really should be looked at from a new perspective.
I really loved your take on the 8 of Cups and the way you connected it to the Seer (Page) of Wands and Death, it gave a much more solid view of the whole reading pretty much like discovering the root of the matter. Thank you.

Someone always helps us. Unless you own the company, someone hired you, someone pays you, etc. So, although tarot is personally empowering, people do help us all the time in ways we don't even realize.
I understand what you mean, thank you letting me see it like that, is just that I have had many Querents hoping to see ina reading someone to appear out of nowhere and solve all their problems at once that I have intentionally avoided that kind of attitude when the reading regards my own situation.

zannamarie

Flavio said:
is just that I have had many Querents hoping to see in a reading someone to appear out of nowhere and solve all their problems at once that I have intentionally avoided that kind of attitude when the reading regards my own situation.

Yes, many people do want someone else to wave a magic wand and make it all better. But there is a difference in having someone else do something for us (so that we do not have to do anything) and someone else helping or aiding us so that we can achieve the goal we want (but we still do a lot of the work). That difference might be hard to explain to Querants but do keep it in mind for yourself. I personally ended up quitting a job because I was so burned out. I discovered too late that I might have been able to get help from my manager's manager who didn't realize all that was going on. He did try to help me get another job within the department but it ended up not working out so I left.