Faery Wicca Study Group

Rhiannon

I know a few of us have this deck. And I know a few have the accompanying book (even if you had to buy it separately). I'd love to go over this deck with some of you and see how the book has helped your understanding of the cards. I don't have the book... but I managed (after much sweat and toil) to extract some meaning from the book that comes with the deck... and I'll share the insights I've gained as well. Although it's probably not much.

So, anyone in?

R :)

catlin

I'd love to join it as I think the FW is a deck which merits a closer inspection.

Rhiannon

Yay!

So, it's me and you anyway.

I guess we should probably start by talking about the "extra" cards. The Gift of Faery cards.

I've been using them (if you can call one reading "using them") separately from the deck. I mix the 4 around and pull one to tell me which direction my reading will go.

What do you use them for?

VmprGokuboi69

make it 3

I have that deck also, although I haven't used it yet

Celtic_Dragon

*bump*

I was thinking of posting a new topic which covered this deck but decided to search for one, 'just in case'. I'm hoping that maybe those who have responded already and any new commers might want to continue this one. maybe *crosses fingers*

My main reason for posting is because I've read and re-read the book to try and understand the minors but never got anything out of them except that they're apart of some kind of journey. And I've made the connection with the paths and the fool standing at a cross road with four different directions, but that's all I've been able to manage. And I would love to know why out of the four, the pentacles (I know many people have one or two cards they don't match well with but an entire suit???) seem to present a dark and undesirable path verses say the water with all it's rainbows. Or the fire and all the light, or wand.

So again, maybe you'd all like to continue this study?
edited: Pllleeeeeaaaasssssssssee! please-plesase!

Dakini

I'm in if we can get the study group going again. I just got this deck in a trade so I don't know much about it myself. Blessings Dakini

Celtic_Dragon

If anyone doesn't mind, I'll initiate the threads... I think I might bump this catagory up once a month just so that anyone new might have a chance to relize that there's even a thread about them. And I'll also put up updates and take any advice or requests on this thread, kind of the other/etc. FWSG thread, if you know what I mean.

The first and formost card that needs sincere thought and study is the Tree of Life or 00 card. What's up with that?

Any new commers are welcomed and I hope we get through all 83 cards!!

Rhiannon

Hi CD!

I think it's great that you want to restart this, unfortunately I won't be joining in anymore, I traded the deck! LOL Good luck!

magpie9

I have this deck, and don't know a thing about it....the minor was a shock to me, and I very nearly traded it away. But I didn't, but i also didn't study the book.

All that said, I would like to be in a study group with it, in a loose, slow kind of way...so count me in, if others want to play. :)

I like the Tree of Life a lot. I believe it comes from Norse and Celtic Mythology, 'the World Tree' it's like the center of, the heart (?) of the universe. It's what shamans travel on, and what Odin hung on to gain the Runes.

I think perhaps it's meant to be like, Profound Understanding? A far and deep journey?

I'm going to go dig in the book, to see if I can find anything about it..this is one of those books that for me are extremely frustrating..dense, hard to read, very involved in teaching a whole cosmology...arcane......
Gee....well, I knew I bought the set for the beauty of the cards, and the connection to the celtic Myths, which I love.

So far, the faery lore sections in the book are being the most usefull and informative.

I don't mean to sound judgemental, this book just drives me a little bats. I really do want to learn this deck, and have grave doubts about being able to do it on my own.

Celtic_Dragon

Don't worry, I'm in the same situation and I've been studying the blasted thing for a year now. I'm still determined to decipher out the little markings, and I'm wondering why in the world the minors have words on them like power, ego and spiritual? Might be spelled a different way,

By the way, I'm hoping (hoping, crosses fingers) that the discussions on each card will be long and thurogh(sp?) so I've started a seperate thread called FW~The tree of life 00. That way anyone who may join in two months can search by card name. (that is unless we have enough responses to get our own section!!)