Tarot Dice...

osami2717

http://www.magicalomaha.com/tarotgems.htm

I receive a newsletter from a local new age shop and I found this in there.

Has anyone ever heard of using dice to help with your readings?

I haven't bought any as of yet, since I'm currently unemployed and sadly, tarot decks & paraphanelia count as Luxuries right now *cries*

If anyone has ever tried this give a little feedback
Thanks

nebulous1

Tarot Gems...

Hi there!

I'm Michelle Mullin and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have on the Tarot Gems dice, they're my invention :) Also, there is an article here on Aeclectic, as well as the review...

The article is here:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/tarot_gems.shtml

Hope that helps, and let me know if I can answer anything else for you!

Brightest Blessings!
Michelle Mullin

shadowdancer

Hi Michelle.

I understand your system which you explained well. My question is this:

When you have established how many of Major Arcana cards to choose, (using the Celtic Cross here as an example) how do you decide where in the spread to place the cards?

I was thinking if I had the set I might be tempted to include a pendulum I use just to dowse the order of the cards in the spread, unless you have a way you use to to decide. E.g. you are shown to use 3 Major Arcana's - but where in the spread do they go?

Thanks in advance!

Davina

Lillie

Oh, I'll tell you what!
That's surreal!

Have been reading books by Mary Gentle over the last day or two.
She mentions Tarot dice in her book 'Rat's and Gargoyles', and has also done a short storie called 'Tarot dice' But I havn't read that, yet...
It's in a different volume.

So I been thinking about Tarot dice.
And here's a thread.
Mad or what???

Briar Rose

I hope that more people join in with purchasing the dice. I know that I am saving for them! I can't wait to use them!

Thank you so much for creating these. It must be a divine talent for the creation!

nebulous1

Spreads with my dice

Okay,

Here's the way I do it...
I keep them all turned face-down, and if you like you can mix them up a little and I just "feel" for where the card wants to be placed. I hold it over each of the positions until I feel a tug or a brightening feeling, sort of like "Bing-bing bing! Right answer!" *LOL!* and that's how I decide.

I also pick up each card individually and "feel" for what way it wants to face pretty much the same way. I almost never get any reverses, but when I do, I turn them face down again and re-check after turning it around a few times, and it it's still upside down when I turn it over again, then there's a reason and I make sure to read it as a reverse.

Oftentimes, I don't use a spread at all, I just turn them all over and start reading and makes connections to the other cards as I go. I realize that's confusing, but it works for me... it's all about what works for you really!

I think using your pendulum to decide is a cool idea! Have you tried it when reading your cards before?

Hope this helps, and if not, ask again and I'll try again!

Blessed Be!
Michelle Mullin

nebulous1

To Lillie...

Synchronicity maybe? ;-D

-M. Mullin

nebulous1

To HeavensVault

You know what they say about "Necessity being the mother of invention!" I came up with these for myself first, I didn't realize anyone else might want to have some until people I knew started asking me for them...

Even if I don't sell a ton of them, I'm still thrilled because they were what I needed and they work for me, the rest is all bonus! I view the whole thing as a gift from the Universe and I'm incredibly grateful.

Merry Meet!
M.Mullin

Lillie

nebulous1 said:
Synchronicity maybe? ;-D

-M. Mullin

Yeah!

Weirded me out, it was like someone had read my mind and done a thread!

But I have to say that the dice in the book are not the same as yours.
The book dice sound more like poker dice, if you have ever come across them.
Big 6 sided dice with the cards pictured on the faces.
Use them instead of cards, rather than in conjunction with....

Anyhow, still, it was odd suddenly seeing the name of this thread.

Good luck with them!

The big 24 sided one.
Is it hard to tell which face is uppermost?