How optimistic do you feel about the 10 of Wands?

Elven

Not always, just sometimes, this card simply means to me .. What have I self imposed here - taken on and possibly shouldnt have. Why have I burdened myself with all 'this'.

Usually because at the time, I have thought, no worries, it will be fine, only to have other things happen and then seem ladden or become overburdened by the end of the road - then the path starts inclining! LOL!

Sometimes I feel its about whats possible now, and isnt possible - being truthful with the self - today - Im not Hercules!

Blessings Elven x

Nuncle

I've always been unhappy with the "burden" interpretation of the 10 of Wands, though the burden is clearly a part of what the card means.

WalesWoamn I think captures nicely the nuances in this card--lots of energy and projects, all of which can be wonderful but also tiring.

10's of course indicate the end of a cycle. So what is the end here? It can be that all the fire energy, all the activity, has finally piled up into a burden. It could also mean that the figure has been busy collecting those wands purposely and you have to put a little hard work (a bit of backbone) into the process. That's the message in the Aecletic card (Thanks, Fulgour!!). And, if we are looking at a 10, remember you can start a pretty big fire with all those wands--there's possibly a good outcome to the burden. Collecting firewood is a drag, a bore, and a burden. But it keeps you warm and makes things cheery.

Nuncle

zach bender

for me the ten wands has more to do with the sense of being burdened than with the actual burden itself.

zb