Wormweird tarot

Annabelle

The Wormweird tarot appears to be a recently released, small press deck. Anyone have this one yet? Anyone know anything about it - about its creator or its creation?

A friend of mine sent me the link earlier today. Actually, there are two links here - one where you can buy the deck (for $29.95 USD) and one where you can see a slideshow (if your broadband is up to the challenge - it's Flash-heavy).

http://www.eos-press.com/products-ww.html

http://www.poepuppet.com/wormweird.htm

HearthCricket

ROFL Geez, Annabelle! Just what I needed to see right before bed, as we have bats flying right outside the window! That looks more like a gore fest than anything else! Tarot of the Horror is more like it! I am guessing there must be a card with a decaying corpse and maggots crawlling all over it, too!

Off to look at a fairy deck to soothe my brain after that fright! That makes the Necronomicon look like a fluffy bunny! I think I will stick to the Bohemian Gothic!

Papageno

I was very enthusiastic when you first posted the links since the title implies an Absinthe theme.......which in the right hands could be really extraordinary, but after watching that Flash site a few times.......

OnePotato

Whoa!

Now THAT'S commitment to a vision!
(But now I think my eyes are melting out of my head...)

Still, I find myself drawn to go watch it again...

6 Haunted Days

Come on, it's not that bad guys! ;)

I kept being reminded of the Crypt Keeper. It looks like something Fangoria magazine might release.

From the information on it I am quite intrigued....sounds....very dark.....

To quote the creator, George Higham: “The Wormweird Tarot is the doorway to a Victorian neverland of dark myths, strange magicks and weird technologies. Herein, you will bear witness to the vengeance of angels, the birth of monsters and the death of man. It is an art gallery, a spook-house, a waxworks, a cabinet of curiosities, yet above all, a Tarot deck. You certainly don’t need to know how to read the Tarot to enjoy it, but it was created to conform to the use of divination if you so choose.”

I wonder about the size and quality. it goes on to more detail about the story the deck tells. Very interesting.

He also has a stop-motion animated journey to the rotting Hell of Edgar A. Poe available on DVD. Sounds mighty creepy.

ETA: Ohhhh wow, just checked out the movie, it is very disturbing! But in a good weird way. Check it out on youtube under George Higham.

Chronata

Oh. I am so digging this deck! Thanks for the link, Annabelle.

I can think of several places where this deck would be perfect for reading with!

It's ghoulish and pretty. I am quite fascinated.

On the second link, if you click on "home" it tells you a bit more about the artist and his other projects. Apparently he has animated movies too.

I need some money. This would be the best Halloween horror deck for me!

Debra

Chronata said:
I need some money. This would be the best Halloween horror deck for me!

I like the All Hallows better, myself. Or for ten bucks plus postage you can get Gorey's Fantod pack--not tarot, but a creepy oracle.

Quester

Wow!!
It does get your attention, but I think that I will pass on this one and wait for the Bohemian Gothic to keep me company after dark.

WolfyJames

I indeed find the deck too gorish and not gothic enough. Too many skeletons. I like dark decks but I'm rarely satisfied when I see dark decks. The Bohemian Gothic Tarot and the Necronomicon Tarot hold my interest more than this one.

Nevermore

Wow, so many memories of reading Goosebumps...:)