Pentacles pentacles pentacles !!!!

ana luisa

I seriously need some input here!! I have never been too keen on the pentacles suit. It looked either too harsh or vague whenever I found it in a reading. Lately, I´ve been getting hundreds of pentacles in my spreads and I am stuck. O.K. it relates to earthly concerns, home, stability, money, etc. But is that it? Can this suit be related to something emotional and/or physical as well? I´m sorry if this sounds like a stupid question... Any further views on the pents will be greatly appreciated :)

thorhammer

Are they mostly upright? Reversed? If you don't read reversals, then are they "well- or ill- dignified" as in, do the cards surroundng them have a negative influence or a positive influence on them?

If they are ill dignified or reversed, then you are experiencing feelings of frustration in material matters, impecunity, tightening of the belt, your ability to follow through with goals is obstructed, you're intellectualising too much and need to ground your thoughts, your links to nature and the earth are missing. Et cetera.

If well dignified or upright, then your life is going through a phase of plenty, of fruition. Your goals are being achieved, milestones are being reached, things are coming easily. You are centred and grounded well, confident in your own place in the world. An upright pentacle card in a blockage sort of position might point to a need for more thought or a certain inertia.

Does this help at all? It's not an exhaustive list, and I realise it's a little disjointed, but I just wanted to jog your thoughts a little! I struggle with the Cups, so I know what you're going through!

\m/ Kat

6 Haunted Days

To me the Pentacles suit is a very profound suit with so many layers. Yes it can be very much about the physical....our bodies and health. It's the suit of manifestation The cosmic magic in the mundane, the everyday. The enchantments and mystical brought down and manifested on the earth and in nature. Pentacles has the most Gate cards (per Rachel Pollacks 78 degrees of wisdom) cards that on deeper, further contemplation and study lead us into the profoundly spiritual and cosmic.

How energies are manifesting and blending in our lives. For good or ill. Besides the usual things associated with this suit such as financial/money, the home, family, ancestors, jobs, skills/crafts, our health and bodies.....it is an extremely spiritual suit, there is much hidden magic to be found there.

Miss 6

ana luisa

Thank you for the reply Kat. Yes, it does help. And no, I don´t do reversals. What bothers me a lot is that I get pentacles in many romantic questions, where money concerns are definetely NOT the issue and material stability either... It´s a bit like getting cups when you´re asking about finances. Well, to me that´s a bit easier... I like the cups :)

ana luisa

OOps. Crossed posts here with you 6 Haunted days. I like the cosmic energy in the mundane definition. That makes sense. It´s as if the coins were drops of light in the day to day situation. I think I have to buy this book after all!

Vetch

When I read for s/o who asked about relationship and pentacles appear I interpret them as indicators of the physical relationship. The concept of love is not restricted to one element, imo. The wands, eg., refer to the energy, the passion, the burning in one's heart, whereas in my book the pentacles refer, well, to the physical manifestations of that. (I'm a bit at loss with my English here, sorry.)

circlewalker

Pentacles........mmmmmmmmmm!

I often get bucket loads of pents if I'm doing some journeying work with sacred sites or structures built on them - which in turn links in to the energy connections/ley-lines whatever you want to call them.

So, strong links to earth, earth energy, going within, spiritual core or foundation. In personal readings I start with the person drawing their Earth/North card whilst focusing on these particular attributes.

Unless I'm working in a way that would attract a specific suit, I take a general excess of one suit as a flag to focus more on the values associated with that suit - bit like getting your wheels balanced!

in light

cw

willowfox

ana luisa said:
Can this suit be related to something emotional and/or physical as well?

Pents are emotionally stable as well as nurturing and dependable, they are also hard working and industrious.

balenciaga

In relation to what 6 Haunted Days said regarding the manifestation of the spiritual, etc - the pentacles, being the suit of earth, of the material, solidifies all the other suits into a usable reality - so that the relationship one is mere thinking of (sw) and fantasizing about (cups) has a shot at reality - really happening - in the suit of pentacles. It makes it real so you can use it here on earth.

JonMAblaze

ana luisa said:
O.K. it relates to earthly concerns, home, stability, money, etc. But is that it?
Don't forget the element of the natural, the life force, everything that's green and growing.