New Lenormand deck - in progress

Lee

My friend Chris Butler (The 78th Fool) has kindly given me his permission to post some pics from his latest project, a Lenormand deck. It's called "Madame Marie's Techno Fortune-Telling Oracle." I think it's brilliant, but then I think all Chris's decks are brilliant! Needless to say I will be ordering one when they become available. But I'm interested in what others think...

-- Lee

Attachments

• 07_snake.jpg
    07_snake.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 278
  • 08_coffin.jpg
    08_coffin.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 228

faunabay

Wow, how cool are those? They're great Lee. Thanks for posting some pics.
The two card styles are extremely different. Is the whole deck going to be like that? While I like them both I think I like the coffin style a bit better. But it would be fun if the whole deck was different styles. :)

Adjustment

Thanks Lee for posting images from this new deck, very interesting. Do you know when this deck would be available

6 Haunted Days

Yes, I do love the style the Coffin is done in, the others, not my thing. When I think of Lenormands I think traditional, certain kind of art....one of the main reasons I love them :) Them going high-tech isn't my bag, but that's just personal preference.

Lee

I don't know when they'll be available... Chris is still creating the cards, that's all I know.

Here's more...

Attachments

• 09_flowers.jpg
    09_flowers.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 16_stars.jpg
    16_stars.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 25_ring.jpg
    25_ring.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 161

faunabay

Since I've just begun reading the lenormand decks I have no idea how I'd do with the high tech versions. :) My favorites right now is the Piatnik Lenormand and the Blue Owl which are both more of the historical versions. But this one is so interesting I'm sure willing to try. Keep them coming Lee, and please do let us know when they're available.

Lee

Chris tells me the Flowers card is inspired by le pendu's card for the 2007 ATF Oracle Deck project.

-- Lee

The 78th Fool

Thanks for starting this thread Lee ! Thanks for everyone's feedback as well :)

I've only recently started using Lenormand decks myself - I was given the Lo Scarabeo french Cartomancy by Leo 62 and I've just bought the mystical Lenormand which I really love. I thought it would be a fabulous challenge to do my own Lenormand deck and a great way to learn. Seeing the Aeclectic Community Oracle Deck really fired me up - I hadn't realised it was being done until it was too late to sign up so I just decided to have a go at my own deck anyway.

Lee's right about Le Pendu's "Flowers" card - I thought it was such a creative re-interpretation and when I came to do my own version I found I couldn't get Robert's out of my head. The finished card is quite a bit darker but that was determined by the Queen of Spades herself - all the court cards are being taken from a previous deck of playing cards I designed a couple of years ago.

I'm hoping to have these finished over the next week or so. I'll be offering them for sale via my web site in a handmade edition. I'll post more details shortly.

Chris. xx

Open Arms

I would love a set of them!!

My very first deck was a Lenormand set 20 years ago and I just love them to bits!

Let me know when they are done!

Lee

Here's two more...

Attachments

• 31_sun.jpg
    31_sun.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 33_key.jpg
    33_key.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 147