1 sitter - 2 readers - can you pose same question?!

olivia1

that was simply an example of how I understand the 'exchange' aspect of the readings I was referring to in my thread! I thought that was pretty obvious!!

again... please read the rest of the thread as I am getting tired of repeating myself!

What bothers me is not the difference in opinion.....again.... it is the rudeness of the comments.... there have been the add comment here that did not agree with me, but the way they offered their opinion was constructively and helpful and it really made me understand their view points, and if you'd read the rest of the thread, you would see that I thanked them for their opinion and stated I would follow some suggestions.....

I did exactly that.... I asked to sit on a reading offer for ones wanting feedback only.... please read the rest of the thread, this is getting incredibly tedious!!

its funny that you keep saying others are being rude but then you pretty much feel its ok to yell at others on here and talk condescendingly to others.

i have read the other posts. and I am still missing exactly what you are so upset about.

Seeker, you opened a thread for people to discuss their opinions on people who ask the same question to multiple readers. somewhere along the line, someone started talking about people who just sit but dont read back. you yourself have acknowledged that you sat more than read...and you said you'd remedy that by reading for others too.

therefore, if you will be reading for others anyway, why are you so upset?

seeker7

its funny that you keep saying others are being rude but then you pretty much feel its ok to yell at others on here and talk condescendingly to others.

i have read the other posts. and I am still missing exactly what you are so upset about.

Seeker, you opened a thread for people to discuss their opinions on people who ask the same question to multiple readers. somewhere along the line, someone started talking about people who just sit but dont read back. you yourself said that you plan to read for others.

therefore, if you will be reading for others anyway, why are you so upset?

I am not upset at different opinions, and I am not yelling, I am simply starting to feel a bit tired of reading comments from others insinuating I am all these sorts of things when I am not!

I am not upset about the topic of the thread either... I did not start this thread because I was 'upset'.... I was simply made to feel bad for doing so, and it made me think of what the rest of the AT community thought of such scenarios, and the comments calling me selfish and passive aggressive are ones I will not tolerate, not the ones giving their opinion in a civilised manner and without offending!

I will give readings when I feel comfortable doing so... I have offered my own interpretation many times in the 'your readings' sections, and when I feel comfortable for publically giving out readings then I will.... but with some trying to 'guilt' me into it, it is only putting me off it even more!

As you yourself stated, we are all different and we develop at different paces and I would like to follow mine.... however, for someone to call me selfish for taking up a reading which was being offered in exchange for feedback, which I naturally always give, then I'm sorry but that is out of order!

I explained what happened with me to explain the scenario I am referring to... but I was not after personal attacks to and from others in here! Some turned it that way and that is what changed the tone of my recent comments!

Hugely disappointed this thread has turned into petty back and forths!

Kosjitov

Petty is crying about not getting a reading to a bunch of strangers, crawling back to the topic to pick on the dissenters, and giving pats on the back to anyone who agrees with you- that's not a discussion it's merely you getting an affirmation. The first few responses you got you didn't agree with and instead opted to tell everyone to moderate how they talk to you. On top of that, you decide to deride others questioning you as "rude" or "offensive". How convenient.

Btw, I'm Reader A, nice to meet you all- most of you know me anyways.

Frankly, I don't care if you felt bad Seeker. It's entirely within my rights as a reader to refuse to read for you for any bloody reason I want. Period. It's no secret that I find it a waste of my energy, a waste of a seat, somewhat deceptive (after all, you could have told me), and came across as impatient. I frankly don't care about your reasons for why you did it- especially after the fact. I'm a diviner, not a mind reader. As you stated, though, I was polite in how I declined. Not so much now.

Here's the punchline: you're not welcome to sit with me in the future, and I'm certain you won't be welcome with other people now either. You made a mountain out of a molehill.

PS. I will now be mentioning in all my rules the "Seeker Rule"- You may not ask me the same question you have asked anyone else. Cg. You've got your 15 minutes of fame.

seeker7

Petty is crying about not getting a reading to a bunch of strangers, crawling back to the topic to pick on the dissenters, and giving pats on the back to anyone who agrees with you- that's not a discussion it's merely you getting an affirmation. The first few responses you got you didn't agree with and instead opted to tell everyone to moderate how they talk to you. On top of that, you decide to deride others questioning you as "rude" or "offensive". How convenient.

Frankly, I don't care if you felt bad Seeker. It's entirely within my rights as a reader to refuse to read for you for any bloody reason I want. Period. It's no secret that I find it a waste of my energy, a waste of a seat, somewhat deceptive (after all, you could have told me), and came across as impatient. I frankly don't care about your reasons for why you did it- especially after the fact. I'm a diviner, not a mind reader. As you stated, though, I was polite in how I declined. Not so much now.

Here's the punchline: you're not welcome to sit with me in the future, and I'm certain you won't be welcome with other people now either. You made a mountain out of a molehill.

PS. I will now be mentioning in all my rules the "Seeker Rule"- You may not ask me the same question you have asked anyone else. Cg. You've got your 15 minutes of fame.

Haha!! And this makes you very mature!!

I have explained ample amounts of time and I refuse to explain myself again... I even responded to your comment stating that I now understood better where you were coming from and I accepted that.....

How dare speak to me like that?... Who do you think you are?!

I seriously could not care less if you never offer me readings.... do you really think I cared that much about it?!!!..... I felt bad because I understood you got offended and I wanted others opinion on this..... how is this me crying for an agreement!!!! I patted the ones agreeing with me on the back... of course I would...they are ones that have the same opinion as me but I did not refuse the ones who do not have the same opinion as me.... only the ones calling me names, which they had no right to!

I confirmed I understood your view points.... the recent posts are all personal attacks on me which I will not tolerate!!

'the Seeker rule'?????!! Please do, it will make me chuckle everytime I come accross it!

I really hope others read this last comment of yours as well so they see this pretty side to you as a reader!

Have a good night all! Long day ahead tomorrow!

Catmoon

Understand you completly.
And in my honest opinion Seeker7 " The worst bind is the one who doesn't want to see"
I'm sorry you didn't have just agreeing answers... LOL

Alta

Moderator note:

Hi all,

This has been, for the most part, a good discussion. I agree that the topics, both of the idea of asking the same question to more than one reader here, and of the feeling of of being made to feel bad for doing so, are valid and worth discussing. For many of us the reading sections, including Reading Exchange, Your Readings, Oracle readings and the various Circles are the heart of the forum. They certainly are for me.

They are where we learn and grow both as readers and as persons. I know that many, again myself included, have received some startling insights from other readers.

I am concerned though for the state of any discussion when I see highly negative, even inflammatory terms start to get thrown out. The discussion has many thoughtful posts which illuminate.

If any member feels that the discussion is too 'hot' for them, please stop posting and leave the thread. It is a valid topic but not to be an excuse for labelling each other.

Regards,
Alta
co-Moderator: Talking Tarot

DownwardSpiral

Yes but again noone is forcing anyone to do ''all the readings'' .... the reader decides to offer free readings... does not ask for anything other than feedback..... why am I suddenly a bad reader for taking up that offer?!!!

I think if readers want more than just feedback they shouldn't offer those type of readings.

And yes.....we all love readings......but not everyone is comfortable giving them. I have never had a Tarot reading but I have had an oracle reading as well as various divination readings in exchange for feedback. And I would love to open a thread that says hey....I'm giving X type of readings in exchange for feedback...but I'm not there yet....and this is something I've thought about before this thread came to be.

I can...and do....give back in other ways.

I will say I'm more familiar with the Lenormand cards and have several times (on another forum) given my interpretation of other peoples readings. And I've learned alot by doing this.

And seeker now that you've been chewed up and spit out I'll say this.......before X-Mas I participated in a thread and asked a question and LOVED my answer.....used the advice to move my situation forward....and have thought about asking the question again......to gain more knowledge and move my situation even further. Sorry I didn't think of this sooner.

Grizabella

Criminy! What a ridiculous bent this thread took, huh? I've been here since 2003 and only once in all that time have I ever offered readings but I do sometimes participate in the Your Readings forum. What does that make me? :p I've gotten kind of confused by this.

But seriously, I don't see anything wrong with what you did, Seeker7, although obviously you must have stepped on Reader A's toes. For that, it's unfortunate, but we live and learn.

As I was thinking about it before I went to sleep last night, the thought entered my head that what happens in the Your Readings forum is actually the same thing that you were trying to do by asking the same question of two readers. When someone posts a reading there, they get the interpretations of a whole lot of different readers, not just two. All you'd need to do is just post your own reading in that forum and you'd get a ton of responses to compare. Or for that matter, even just going and reading other people's that they post would be really educational to follow along with if you don't want to post yours.

Chiriku

Alta, thanks for leaving this thread up.

The Your Readings and Reading Exchange sections are not the heart of my own AT experience. Especially the Exchange; I go in there a few times a year. From this relatively disinterested perspective, I, like some others in this thread, see the main issue here as one of informed consent.

If the sitter approaches a reader who has opened up a thread for feedback-only readings and says, "I would like to ask this question of another reader, too," and gets a "Yes, fine" and then does the same with the second reader, I see no problem. The reader is informed and has chosen to direct his or her energy towards the question and sitter who posed it; no one else is losing out on a "spot" because the reader is in charge of where to channel his or her time and energy.

Another viable option: the original poster can open up a new thread in the Experimental Techniques section and say, "I propose an experiment. I will post one question, and as many readers who want to will read upon that same question. Then we will all compare notes here in this thread." I don't see that this way would breach any E.T. subforum rules, but I haven't read them in a long while and a mod is free to correct me.

But doing it the way it was described in the original post--i.e. not informing both readers up front--is not the most conscientious way to go about things, even if the OP was not proceeding in bad faith. And conscientious is what all members of a productive online community should strive to be. The mods are here to help hold us to that standard, and correct our errors--whether well-intentioned or more opportunistic in nature--accordingly.

Melia

but since its a public forum, everyone could pretty much see who just likes to leave feedback and who actually reads for others. And its human nature, people do judge.

Hi, if someone is really abusing the reading exchange I can understand this comment (those people probably do need to be spoken to 'by the moderators'), but not in seeker7's case I don't feel.

Asking the same question of 2 readers is not a crime .... not to me. Seeker7 put up their hand to have a reading for which feedback in exchange was requested. If the reader did not want to read for her because they had asked the same question of another reader, that is very much their perogative. Maybe she could have gone about it another way, but seeker7 does not deserve the level of criticism and attack they have received in this thread. I am shocked! They have been a member of this forum for 2 years. They haven't exactly been over-active in the exchange thread.

And if some readers are genuinely happy for feedback in exchange for THEIR readings, why do other members need to concern themselves with this?

We need to be careful who we judge negatively, unless we know the person well (in forums this is a lot harder to do). Inappropriate words do hurt! Just remember you cannot see the person on the other side of the screen.

The universe has a way of balancing things out - what you do for someone today may not translate into another reading exchange directly back to you, but might translate into a gift/help to someone else in the future, whether it be in this forum or outside of it. It's time to pull our spirit nature out of the closet, and stop thinking like a human.