10 of Swords-Guidance for meditation

ramin

I used to sit and meditate for hours and literally felt as I have flown to some other world and I had vision of colors usually white light. I have not been able to do that for last one year for some reason so I asked by cards-Provide me guidance how to get back into meditation
I used Gilded deck and pulled 10 of Swords

I have no clue. Man is lying with face down with swords hanging on his back(not touching him)I do see lots of light between him at the swords and also light in the back as if sun is rising. I don't know anything. I am just thinking it is saying that once I am tired of trying hard and given up it will happen on its own. I can't come up with any other meaning as meditation

Please help me interpret meaning of this card in regards to meditation

lilangel09

Provide me guidance how to get back into meditation: "Quit thinking so hard!" (Or so much.)

Which actually makes sense meditation because if you're thinking or trying too hard, it's not really meditation is it? I always imagine meditation as serene and relaxing... definitely not "think so hard and so much I busted a gasket."

Just a thought.

Aladdin

I think this is saying something like too much meditation is stultifying and it's now time to start using all those swords in everyday real life.

ramin

Provide me guidance how to get back into meditation: "Quit thinking so hard!" (Or so much.)

Which actually makes sense meditation because if you're thinking or trying too hard, it's not really meditation is it? I always imagine meditation as serene and relaxing... definitely not "think so hard and so much I busted a gasket."

Just a thought.

hi lilangel09

Yes that's what I was getting at that stop thinking too hard and try to force meditation and just let go. thanks for your reply

ramin

I think this is saying something like too much meditation is stultifying and it's now time to start using all those swords in everyday real life.

Hi Alladin,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please elaborate on "start using those swords in everyday real life". This is an interesting way of looking at the card

One reason I am desperately wanting to meditate because of stress in life may be it's saying to use other tools to deal with stress. I would appreciate your reply

Francesca

My first thought was to push through whatever is blocking you. I meditate too, but not for hours at a time. Minutes at at time maybe. And I find that it is often one of those things that I just have to do if I am going to do it. Do it despite the distractions or the achy back or the street noises, etc. And soon it will get easier.

I'll agree with lilangel09 that it could mean quit thinking so much.

lilangel09

One reason I am desperately wanting to meditate because of stress in life may be it's saying to use other tools to deal with stress. I would appreciate your reply

Since you mention stress... Could it be that you're trying to sit and meditate and meanwhile you're thinking of the 10 billion other things that are stressful (must do this, this, this, and this) plus since meditating is not working, it's adding more stress? So some other advice would be to put all other things out of your mind (end the pinnacle of the Swords cycle) when you meditate. I know it's really hard if you're worried in that 9 of Swords way. You get clarity of mind when you get back to the Ace of Swords.

PAMUYA

Your method of meditation has reached it's end, a new cycle will begin. I believe that you will need to learn other forms of meditation for you to grow and get to the next level. When working too hard for something to happen it may end things completely. Come at it from a new vantage point..."unlearn what you have learned" it is time to move forward.

janie144

Im such a newbie at this so i hope my answer doesnt sound silly, but the first thing that popped into my head was maybe the guy in the card is trying acupuncture lol, so could it be telling you to find some alternative method of stress managemant before returning to your meditation?

Aladdin

Hello ramin,

The ten of swords is probably making you feel like a flat battery at the moment with all your energy feeling discharged into the ground.

Whatever you choose to do next / very soon as this is the start of a new month will break what must seem to you like a bad dream cycle. In other words there has been more than enough "meditation" and this very active mental energy would be best translated into something much more physical. This might go against the ethos of your question but is what i pick up on this, so hope this can be a little bit helpful for you.

The suggestion of accupuncture by janie144 is very good and definitely well worth further consideration.