10 swords feeling

CaballoDeCopas

What do you think the 10 swords as someone's feelings for another could be other than my reaction of 'oh,my, their feelings are dead for this person'?

I'm interested in all thoughts about this card and feelings for another.

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

nisaba

Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that they don't exactly find the other person inspiring and uplifting. It might be time to do an Eight Cups and walk away, I'm thinking.

exmuse

My intuition is that the person in "emotionally" exhausted. This person has thought about the situation from every angle and has come to a dead end. Maybe there has been arguments or differences of opinions between two parties. No matter what way you look at it, it's just not going to work out. This person is not willing to put anymore time and energy into it.

Stam123

hmm it can also stand for victim mentality, feeling like a doormat. An emotional cut off, time to let go. A sense of loss and sadness. End of a cycle

PAMUYA

To try and add something different:

10 of Swords feeling: abuse came to mind. There is no warm and fuzzy here. This person maybe too needy, or feel the other is too needy or melodramadic, they may feel that this person is high maintainance, damaged goods, or as you said "feelings are dead".

Padma

though I agree with the strong and valid interps of Nisaba, Exmuse, Stam and Pamuya, i must also add - this card is also the worst is over, the best is yet to come...there is a feeling of horrible defeat, exhaustion, and "I give up - ness" - but daylight is on the horizon...please remember every dark cloud has its silver lining to be found within...there may be an excellent and love-affirming meaning to learn from all the stormy emotions. Not to say the relationship will evolve or continue - just to say there is a valuable message in there, and to learn to find the good hidden beneath the bad...

Glass Owl

I've had this card come up when I asked about a situation or relationship too many times, as if the Tarot is saying "Enough already, stop." So maybe it isn't really about the other person's feelings, it's a response to the asking.

CaballoDeCopas

Wow everyone, thank you so much. This was the first time I'd asked this question and luckily it's not about me, and I think there is an agreed consensus amongst us. I was just so surprised when I turned over such a dramatic card to symbolise this persons feelings for another, I think I was expecting more 4cups sort of thing, Or even positive. Wow, thanks again everyone that was very much appreciated.

Kgirl

Agree with everybody ... also it has come up for:

1) for someome who's lies had run out, their manipulation no longer worked, their bag of tricks was empty ... they could no longer carry out a deceit

2) when someone felt utterly defeated by a situation and had nothing else left to give

Bijou

10 of Swords & 10 of Swords Rx as feelings

[I'll respond to this thread a few years late!]

I've sometimes interpreted the 10 of Swords as "a bad idea", both in the feeling position and in other positions. Or, as, "kill that idea". I.e., "complete thoughts".

10 = completion
Swords = thought or thoughts/thinking
10 Swords = "complete that thought or those thoughts", i.e., "dead"
Rx = (already) completed or not yet complete

Since I do interpret reversals, when the 10 of Swords Rx has come up in the feeling position, and in other positions, I have sometimes interpreted it as, "a really bad idea". Or, "really, really kill that idea". Or, "incomplete thought/thoughts" (think again/re-think), don't complete this thought cycle.

It all depends on the context with the other cards, of course.

As one example, one time the 10 of Swords Rx was the answer in a one card Y/N spread. I wanted to know if it meant, "it is not over", "it is very much over", or, that question/idea is a "really awful idea". The question was, "should the querent tell person X how she feels"? The clarifier was the Ace of Cups Rx ("not new emotions"). I interpreted it as, "It would be a really awful idea, repress emotions." Or, "it's not dead, but don't express your emotions". (I later found out, it would have been a bad idea for the querent to express her feelings for person X to him at that time.)