2009 Llewellyn deck, Wizards Tarot

Aerin

rwcarter said:
The only original image in the Minors is the 3 Pentacles. Everything else is derivative of the Rider Waite. Pretty sure I'll be able to pass on this one....

That is what I thought. On the plus side it makes the deck very accessible and also an "in" to a lot of other decks.

On the minus side it isn't very interesting minors-wise, except for the Aces - and I like the Courts.

There are preorders from Tarot Garden according to http://wizardstarot.com/order.htm

SunChariot

Aerin said:
That is what I thought. On the plus side it makes the deck very accessible and also an "in" to a lot of other decks.

On the minus side it isn't very interesting minors-wise, except for the Aces - and I like the Courts.

There are preorders from Tarot Garden according to http://wizardstarot.com/order.htm
I've had it on preorder since December 2008, I just checked.... Anyway hopefully it will come soon. I'm ok with the Minors. Not completely original for sure but I love the artwork from what I saw. I really like the deck, even the Minors

Babs

Debra

rwcarter said:
Although it looks like they did re-work the Majors to cover a larger age range of teachers.

I don't think so. I remember those age ranges from before :laugh:

The courts are elemental creatures--an unfortunate Queen of Pents.

shadowdancer

yikes just seen the queen of pents.
Either she has a hormonal imbalance, is suffering SEVERE pmt, or doesn't have a good beautician in her vicinity. She is one scarey/grumpy looking lady. No way would I ask her for advice on matters pertaining to her suit.

Davina

Aerin

shadowdancer said:
yikes just seen the queen of pents.
Either she has a hormonal imbalance, is suffering SEVERE pmt, or doesn't have a good beautician in her vicinity. She is one scarey/grumpy looking lady. No way would I ask her for advice on matters pertaining to her suit.

Davina

She's just a dwarf???? out of the Terry Pratchett mode of dwarfdom I think. They have beards and so-on.

shadowdancer

aaahh I stand corrected. Still looks grumpy though :D

Debra

Sure. But this deck is obviously reflecting (or promoting) extremely conventional and unimaginative views of "beauty" as a kind of--how shall I put this?--vapid prettiness, I think that's the right phrase. So the Q of Dwarves looks ill in comparison.

rwcarter

Debra said:
I don't think so. I remember those age ranges from before :laugh:
I thought all the Majors were originally pretty young things. Maybe I'm remembering a different deck....

FaireMaiden

*sigh* Just caught up to this thread again, and had a look at the finished deck.

What a disappointment. I was so excited when we viewed the Majors however many years ago.

The Courts are just plain flat and ugly.

And the Minors, while alright artistically, have nothing whatsoever to do with the 'Wizardry' promised in the Majors, or, am I missing something here?

Over at Tarot Garden it says this deck is due for release in 2012? If so, I sure hope these cards are modified, else I'm cancelling my Pre-Order.