2015 SAMHAIN LENORMAND HAS ARRIVED!

greatdane

Disa....I ALWAYS do three card readings too :)

I have done well over a 1,000 Lenormand readings and LOVE three cards spreads, so I hear ya :). For those who like really bigger spreads, I am very happy they will be able to get mats now too. It sounds like Seven will have something for everyone, which is nice.

I am interested in seeing all the goodies coming out.

I already have my three card mats picked out, of course, that is subject to change :))

MoonGypsy

Awe. I love those backs and now it's too late for me :(

Those new backs really are super, aren't they? i still do love the backs on mine,
though...and is still my favorite, but i am also quite attracted to a couple of these
new backs; especially #AT3. :)

i hope your package arrives today, Disa! :love:

seven stars

I'll probably have to start a different spread for the grand tableau mat....I just laid all my Samhain cards out on that size & they had tons of room, so I'm thinking about what design to put on one now. In another thread maybe you guys could give me some ideas - I'm thinking of doing like I did with some of the mats where there's a design but then there's 36 opaque/transparent rectangles over the design. Or would it be better just to have one large design, I don't know. For professional readers, though, that's what I was really thinking these mats would be good for - I did get an email from someone who does the same thing I do....when we do readings for others we take a photo of the spread to send to them....so I was thinking a kick-ass design with "Your Tarot Reading by Seven Stars" or something written on it....Anyway....for another thread.

For the backs, I don't know why I got to tinkering with more designs....it's kind of addictive. I wanted to do something with those little devils, I don't know why I didn't tinker with the devils right off the bat but I think they'd be really cool on a Halloween deck.

greatdane

I LOVE you did them JUST for ATers, Seven!

And DISA, I have three Vintage Germans of Seven Stars and all three have different backs, so I understand :).

THOSE MATS RULE. I just ordered ordered the BIRD one, number 3. What a dramatic backdrop for Samhain Readings! Between the mat that comes with the package and Seven's new gothic mats, this Halloween will be very atmospheric for readings indeed!

THANKS, SEVEN, for always bringing us cool new stuff. Even though your site is addictive!

MoonGypsy

THOSE MATS RULE. I just ordered ordered the BIRD one, number 3. What a dramatic backdrop for Samhain Readings! Between the mat that comes with the package and Seven's new gothic mats, this Halloween will be very atmospheric for readings indeed!

THANKS, SEVEN, for always bringing us cool new stuff. Even though your site is addictive!

Oh cool, GD! You decided on the Raven/Crow mat.:D That is the one i have
coming with my Red Samhain package. :love:

Disa

Those new backs really are super, aren't they? i still do love the backs on mine,
though...and is still my favorite, but i am also quite attracted to a couple of these
new backs; especially #AT3. :)

i hope your package arrives today, Disa! :love:

Thanks!The mail is late again today- or non existant. So strange.

AT3 is the one I love! Anything with moons on it, I'm usually there- tastefully done moons hahah...

Sevenstars I always take pics of my spreads and send them to the the person I'm reading for, too. I like your idea to include something written on it, sort of an advertisement but a personalization, too..... I usually just read with solid colored reading cloths, though. Busy patterns distract me in the actual reading. But all of your patterns are really lovely to look at :) I'm looking forward to the mats I ordered.

Aster Breo

For a GT mat, my preference would be something pretty simple, with the houses laid out and labeled on a simple background -- maybe a choice of which GT layout, or, even better, some way of using the same mat for both.

There's already so much going on visually with a GT that too much in the background would be overwhelming.

Just my $0.02. :)

seven stars

By houses, you mean have it written out with rectangles like this? I don't read GT myself, so input is helpful.

Attachments

• houses.jpg
    houses.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 87

Disa

It's here! It's here!!! I still have to look at the cards and everything more closely but I'm covered in hair dye, so I'll wait :)

My Red Tarot deck came, too- all together!!!

I'm so excited, I'm still going through the box, but it's here!!! Thanks, sevenstars

PS- the DH said, well how are you supposed to read those cards that aren't Tarot? I said I have to learn them, he said well how are you going to do that- hahahhaaa..

He loves the mat. He always loves the mats.

Aster Breo

By houses, you mean have it written out with rectangles like this? I don't read GT myself, so input is helpful.

Yes, like that. :)

Although, there are 2 ways of laying out GTs. One is the way your pic shows, with 4 rows of 8 cards, plus a row of 4 cards at the bottom. The other is 4 rows of 9 cards.

Some people use one way, some use the other, some (like me) use both in different circumstances.

One other layout note: I think it's more useful to have the name of the houses written above (or below) the rectangle where the cards is laid. That way, you can still read the names of the houses when the cards are laid out.

If the name of the house is written inside the rectangle, as in your pic, it's covered by the card. To me, that defeats the whole purpose.