2016 Lo Scarabeo Catalog

Teyata

The art style for Apokalypsis Tarot is marvelous! I might have to get that one. I also like the concept behind After Tarot, though I think it would throw me off a bit when reading. Thanks for sharing!

Debra

I think those cats' faces are based on real people.
The tom in the Wheel of Fortune is The Little Tramp, Charlie Chaplin.

gregory

I think those cats' faces are based on real people.
The tom in the Wheel of Fortune is The Little Tramp, Charlie Chaplin.
I think they are, too - I THINK I read that somewhere.

GlitterNova

None of the tarot decks really jumped out at me (fortunately for my wallet!). The Tarot Apokalypsis, perhaps, but I would want to see more card images first. That style of artwork runs the risk of being too garish for my tastes (my reason for passing on the Illuminati). The CatTarot kind of weirds me out...the cats with human bodies and faces! The Epic Tarot looks like it will be a nice masculine deck for those tired of angels and fairies.

As for oracle decks, I surprisingly like the Victoria Frances Oracle and actually ordered it a few days ago online. I've been on a goth-themed kick lately and figure it will go nicely with my Tarot of the Vampyres. Also I like that the cards themselves have no titles, and wish more oracle decks would do that.

Laura Borealis

After Tarot looks interesting to me. The backs are beautiful! I'd like to see a bit more though. Searching for it on the web is frustrating.

Golden Wirth looks gorgeous, though there's an Amazon review that says the gold looks like cheap glitter. :(

I found this thread after seeing one about the Lost Code of Tarot... the idea's cool and the drawings are fun and quirky, but I don't know.

What does excite me is that they reprinted the Spanish and also el Gran Tarot Esoterico. I love the Spanish, but hardly anyone pays attention to it, maybe because the colors aren't historic or the drawings are too crude and wonky or something. That's what I love about it though. The warm colors, and the drunk horses, and the mutant Sun kids and all. Anyway I hope this spurs a little interest in this weird Marseilles.

I don't have el Gran Tarot Esoterico but I've always thought about picking one up. It looks very strange and honestly a bit on the dark side, what with the Ace of Swords stabbing a crab and Justice about to whack a baby in two (must be a King Solomon reference). But the pips are semi-pictorial which is nice. The cups are especially attractive. I think it will be fun to delve into so when it shows up on Amazon it's going in my cart. :D

ETA here's a blog post in spanish with pip pix: http://oceanojardin.blogspot.com/2013/06/el-gran-tarot-esoterico-la-escuela.html

Sar

Afer Tarot seems interesting.

Achlys

Honestly, I love cats, but the faces of the Cat Tarot terrify me in all the wrong ways...

Aeric

Circle of Life Tarot was scheduled May 2016 but was pushed to September. It also looks quite different from the catalog with indigo borders and icons replacing all the text, and the back border is also indigo, not green.

Have other decks in it released differently?

AnjouTwo

Does anyone know if Lo Scarabeo has moved the majority of its printing and production to China? I noted that several recent decks were printed in Poland, but the last few I bought (save the Epic, which still says "Made in Italy") were printed in China. I'm just curious, really.