3 cards a day...

le_charior

Hi Le_Charior,

Great to see you diving into Tarot - your development as reader is going fast and smooth.

In any case, I've been doing 3-card daily readings for two years now, and today I got something worth posting:

As d'epée As de baton As de deniers

Followed by Le Bateleur

All 1s

I believe this points to a situation between me and my ex: fights over money, and some trickery to get this money.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks Lumen, very nice of you!

And thanks for posting these three, wow! Quite an extraordinary draw, three aces followed by Le Bateleur!

I must admit that I don't really get how you came to your interpretation of the cards, though... would you elaborate a little, please?

Intuitively, for me, these three seem to point to the one ace that is missing, the As de Coupes. What's missing... a fresh start, a new beginning of something in the emotional field?

No idea how Le Bateleur could fit in there, so looking forward to reading what you have to say in more detail about these cards for you!

Ok, it's late here so I'll post my next three tomorrow if I have Internet. Have a good one, all of you!

Lumen

OK, Le_Charior, this one has to be quick, 'cause I'm teaching in 2 hrs.

Ah the fight...

This has to do with the frustrating job search; nothing more nerve wrecking than NOT having a steady, plentiful, and secure source of money, which is my situation right now. There are many other issues surrounding and parallel to this joblessness - most frustrating and limiting. So, yeah, I'm in time of crisis and transition (as Monday's reading said: Pope, Queen de baton, 5 de baton, 5 d'epée, 5 de derniers - the 5555 day), and really fed up with being/feeling frustrated.

So I take it out on my ex who clearly placed himself in the adversary position, when I always saw him as friend... Long story...

The cards...

AdE has this crown, as if having the reason, the words, and flames (?) reflected in AdB, which has this blood in its tip, as if it has beat up someone before; it seems that AdE slashed that baton into round pieces of wood. The two are facing each other - a stand off/fight. Yeah, it could be a union, a deal, a collaboration, perhaps the fact that 3 de deniers precedes AdE (or 3=1+1+1), the reading is related to the right apportion or division of money through a third party. It seems to me that AdE didn't get the right apportion though, and so it went on a fight with AdB. AdE won, since the AdB ended up cut into spheres - AdD. This golden coin is found in Le Bateleur's hand, central in the card - money issue - which he will use to create some kind of illusion.

Could be a beginning of a fight over money.

I just cannot get away from this picture of the sword cutting the stick into small "coins."

Or, as those cards are the essence of their suit, the essence of a confrontation (money) initiates a new cycle.

le_charior

I just cannot get away from this picture of the sword cutting the stick into small "coins."

Ok thanks! I get much better how you came to the interpretation! I know how it is when you look at the cards and you have one very strong image coming to mind. (Thankfully mine are usually positive, so far..) So it might be a good warning from the cards for you to be careful about the situation.

le_charior

3CAD - Oct 6, 2011

I drew three cards the night before I left for my trip to Berlin - but was too tired to post and read them here. Was walking around my flat, thinking about the upcoming trip while I shuffled the cards. Using the Vieville.

10 Coupes - 3 Deniers - Roi des Deniers

My thoughts in the next post - but image first, so you can comment and read away without reading what I think the cards might mean!

6214065804_14f549c5b6_z.jpg

le_charior

First thing - I must say how impressed I am with the Vieville. I haven't really started using it a lot since I feel I have too much to learn about the "normal" TdM yet - but it's so expressive and beautiful, especially the pips! The three coins in this jungle of leaves and flowers!

10 coupes: I am going on this trip for half work, half pleasure. I have a lot of friends that I want to meet - the one single cup seems to be pouring liquid into all these little cups standing in line, waiting (like a bartender filling champagne glasses for a reception) - that is me who has to share my time and attention between a lot of people - friends, emotions, fun, champagne! I should be careful not to be stressed about it but enjoy it. Avoid the "I feel obliged to meet everybody"-stress and enjoy the time you are spending with people without rushing to the next appointment.

3 coins: The work part of my trip is meeting my two colleagues to talk about our work and how our year was, also financially. The card seems to represent that - us three, talking about money. The leaves leave me a bit clueless... we are also friends, so is the financial talk embedded in fun and friendly ineraction? Is it a warning not to let things grow freely, but to control more? Don't they mean anything?

Coin king - he is turning his back to the cards, but looking towards them. But up, fixing a point above them. He has one of the coins from the middle card in hands. This is me in the meeting where we talk about finances - I should keep my head up? Is he looking at the cup from the first card - me in "friend" mode, not "work" mode. Reminding me not to forget the work side and its importance over the fun.

Quintessential card (I liked that from the Tirage en Croix!) would be L'hermite. I should not forget that it's about me - not lose myself and my interests out of sight in my amical and work relationships.

Mhm this one was a bit tough - didn't have an easy story, an association coming to mind as some other times. What do you people here think about it?

Lee

May I stick a toe in the water? :)

I love your view of the 10 of Cups as the upper cup pouring into the lower cups. However, I notice that the upper cup is pouring but seems to be missing the cups underneath. In fact the upper cup seems to be watering the foliage in the 3 of Coins! Perhaps this suggests a need to focus your time and attention on the business aspect of your trip rather than the social.

The lush foliage on the 3 of Coins leads me to see the coins as fruit hanging from a tree. (My pips-as-trumps approach leads me to see the 3's as nurturing, which would fit this viewpoint.) This makes me think that the business aspects of the meeting are potentially very fruitful, however those aspects are still somewhat vulnerable, perhaps not quite ripe and needing to be "watered" with your care and attention.

The importance of this "watering" is emphasized in the King of Coins. As you say, he is indeed looking at the topmost cup in the 10 of Cups. To me it looks like he's watching the watering process and waiting to see the result. It seems like he has a coin to invest, but is watching and waiting to see whether your efforts will bear fruit before he commits his coin. Perhaps you have an investor who is waiting in the wings, so to speak, before committing himself?

I equate the three legs of his stool with the three coins in the previous card. Perhaps he's waiting to make sure that the enterprise will support his weight before committing himself.

The Hermit might be advising you to keep your eyes on the goal and not be distracted by social concerns.

I'm wondering also, however, if the foliage on the 3 might be seen as unfriendly vines which are strangling and killing the unripe fruit...

le_charior

May I stick a toe in the water? :)
Only a toe? Jump on in here, the water is nice and warm and cocktails are served at the pool bar!
I love your view of the 10 of Cups as the upper cup pouring into the lower cups. However, I notice that the upper cup is pouring but seems to be missing the cups underneath. In fact the upper cup seems to be watering the foliage in the 3 of Coins! Perhaps this suggests a need to focus your time and attention on the business aspect of your trip rather than the social.
Such a good point that the cup is actually missing the smaller cups but watering the foliage! Makes a lot of sense!
The lush foliage on the 3 of Coins leads me to see the coins as fruit hanging from a tree. (My pips-as-trumps approach leads me to see the 3's as nurturing, which would fit this viewpoint.) This makes me think that the business aspects of the meeting are potentially very fruitful, however those aspects are still somewhat vulnerable, perhaps not quite ripe and needing to be "watered" with your care and attention.

The importance of this "watering" is emphasized in the King of Coins. As you say, he is indeed looking at the topmost cup in the 10 of Cups. To me it looks like he's watching the watering process and waiting to see the result. It seems like he has a coin to invest, but is watching and waiting to see whether your efforts will bear fruit before he commits his coin. Perhaps you have an investor who is waiting in the wings, so to speak, before committing himself?
I like how you link close observation of the visuals, intuition and the correlation to the Trumps to bring meaning to these cards. We are still quite at the beginning of our business adventures, so it's a very fitting and nice thought that it needs care and attention to blossom (watering). There isn't an investor involved (since it's a service oriented business we don't really need one, luckily), but I think it's true that I myself am still holding back a little, not giving it my everything. Just realized this right now, I wasn't aware of it really.
I equate the three legs of his stool with the three coins in the previous card. Perhaps he's waiting to make sure that the enterprise will support his weight before committing himself.

The Hermit might be advising you to keep your eyes on the goal and not be distracted by social concerns.
I didn't even see the stool until now, was to focused on the king himself, nice parallel to the three coins! I knew that he was sitting outside, but the stool here on the Vieville makes it clearer than in most other decks.
And:
Yes. It's me, keeping a little reserve, waiting to see if it really works out. Stupid of me - I should be in it with 100%, not holding back. That's quite an insight for me that I am not.

I also think the Hermit is exactly about that - a focus on myself and not getting distracted too easily.

I'm wondering also, however, if the foliage on the 3 might be seen as unfriendly vines which are strangling and killing the unripe fruit...
Weird, I had this amiguity about the foliage too, it looks lush and full of life, but also a bit overwhelming, threatening. Again a deck specific thing, no? I don't know if there are other cards in other decks that have this kind of crazy jungle foliage...

Thanks a lot! Really interesting take on the cards. I have one question: are you using the "pips-as-trumps" method for all the pip cards or does it get "overridden" by visuals or intuition sometimes? In this example - did you connect the 10 to La Roue in any way?

Post away with three new cards if you feel like, or anybody else!

Satori

Hi! Popping in to say that I think....You are the man on the end, and you are in Berlin, right? I was thinking that you are so amazed by the explosion happening in the center of the spread, like a show of some sort, some kind of dazzling and energetic display. And even more so after the ordered and repetitious pattern of the first card, the 10 of Cups.

The middle cards carries an almost frenetic energy, perhaps even a little hysterical. You however are pretty relaxed and laid back, content to watch the show.

I'm wondering if some kind of blow out might happen with some of your coworkers, perhaps even an upset in the company, that you are sort of outside of.

The other thing that struck me, and this is perhaps another interpretation, is that you seem to find Berlin interesting from either the historical or architectural perspective. There seems to be something a little bit...fascinating about it all.

The 10 of Cups was like a representation in miniature of the Holocaust to me for a moment. That there was love for country and nationalistic pride, causing people to "fall in line" with a group type consciousness hence all the cups lined up...but the leader fell, the top cup. The explosion is the center card, the things that went so wrong with the regime, and at the end, you there thinking about the historical significance, mesmerized by it all. Also, you hold the pentacle, a sign that you don't identify with the Nazis, but that you were fascinated by their leader (you looking at that fallen cup).

I know that for me, were I to visit Berlin, I would want to see as much of the historical stuff as I could. And it would be staggering to me to be there and immerse myself in the museums and such.

Just a couple of takes. Maybe too out there.....

Another thought...could it be if we look at it not from the historical perspective, that the leader of the company will fall, causing some kind of blow out....but it isn't maybe your company, but a company you are dealing with....and the top leader creates some kind of mad frenzy that you sit back in disbelief watching.

LOL. There you go.

le_charior

WOW Satori that was a fascinating and very different interpretation of the cards, thanks! will comment in detail later (running out for brunch with friends now) but wanted to say WOW already! so fascinating to see different takes on the cards, and how they all make sense and have their right in their own way!

moonbear

Hi le charior

Enjoying reading the different takes on the cards here.

Btw, have no idea if the Bruno de Lys tarot (Marseille on Lsd...I told you they were all smiling!) is popular here in France. I've had my copy a couple of years. I see he's just brought out a third edition so he must have sold a few. It's available on his website but I went eek when I saw the price....

Can I post 3card draws here using it? Or would that be against the rules 'cos it's not an old tarot?