3 of cups as an issue

wind

So, this girl asked me for a reading regarding her boyfriend with whom she had some misunderstanding. She said that something happened and that now she would like to know where their relationship will go.

I didn't know anything about them, I had no clue what the issue was about. So, I did a spread for this relationship and to the first card in the spread I assigned the meaning of "what happened between them, what is the issue".

I got 3 of cups. I used Universal tarot (very closely ressembles RWS).

So, my mind went into different directions, maybe there was a party and she or him met someone else, there is third person involved, maybe there is some new project, maybe she is even pregnant, blabla...with all possible meanings of three of cups that I can think of.

And the issue turned out to be the following: she parked the car next to his and was waiting for him to come, he found her there and he was furious that she was like following him.

Weird issue, must admit (not to say childish:))...but my question is, how is this possibly reflected in 3 of cups??

I just don't get it...now I am thinking that maybe the card was saying: there is no issue, it is not serious, let it go and have some fun??

Or what do you think?

harmony1985

Maybe he was furious she was following him cos there is a third party involved and he couldve got caught and that was the root of the problem. But all she saw was him stressing at her for waiting by his car...

wind

Hm, that's an interesting thought...could be.

EarthFaery

I see it as he was probably having a few drinks and having a good time with some friends until she showed up and spoiled his fun, checking up on him etc. I assume he wasn't expecting her to be parked next to him when he came out?

Jyscal

Another way to look at it would be, seeing as though this could also be a card of celebration and gifts, it's possible he was planning a get together or on his way to buy her something unexpected, and seeing her there prevented him from doing so. So the reason he got upset might be because what he could have been planning was time critical. If she has'nt heard from him in a while, this may be because he is currently doing these things.
Just a thought.

Thirteen

Keep in mind, that just because the boyfriend says this is the issue (her in that car) that doesn't mean it is is the issue. In fact, I'd say it wasn't the issue at all unless she's been very "stalker-ish" lately. The car incident set him off, but why did it set him off? And my guess (and it is a wild guess) from 3/Cups would be in agreement with everyone else here. I think he feels that she's keeping him from partying as he wants and like he used to, which probably included being able to flirt with other girls. He probably doesn't want a new girlfriend, but he feels she's cramping his style.

One last question...has this girl maybe been talking about getting engaged? 3/Cups sometimes indicates an engagement.

starrystarrynight

The issue could be his drinking/partying as a chronic occurance--not just the one-time deal of her parking next to him this time. Perhaps, they have had words about it in the past, as well.

Edited to add:

Which, I guess, is what the others have said already. :D

wind

Thank you all, all this makes much sense...she didn't say anything specific, but I guess you could all be right.

wind

Okay, un update for this situation:
this girl -let's call her Z - explained to me a bit further what really happened:
so, she was waiting by the car for this quy, as said above, but then there is this other girl (ah, so there is the "other"!:)), some friend of his, who started to say nasty things about Z to this guy, insinuating that Z is being too possessive, following him etc. So this other girl spoiled the impression that the guy has about Z.

So, I guess 3 of cups could be about the third party indeed, there was also 3 of pentacles coming up in further readings, and 3 of swords.

willowfox

Two is company, 3 is a crowd.