3 of swords and 9 of wands

Ethereal

how would one read this as a reason why one person didn't see another as wife/long term partner material? the 3 of swords is the one really has me confused. perhaps, the other person felt they would break their heart at times, and the other couldn't handle it. 9 of wands i see as the other person saw this person as fearful. (not a 3 rd party involved here).

would love insight on this..thanks!

ravynangel

deleted :)

Ethereal

ravynangel: thanks for that take. its possible the 3 of swords could have been they didn't see that person as long term potential relationship, as they weren't looking for it at the time. however, 9 of wands as healing..i don't see it like that. not in this particular situation. more wounding and fearful. but, thank you for the insight....appreciated!

nisaba

how would one read this as a reason why one person didn't see another as wife/long term partner material?

Isn't it obvious? They're a heartbreaker (Three Swords) and they're always too guarded to be a true confidant (Nine Wands).

Ethereal

Thanks for that interp, nisaba. question ..did you read the person
who was rejected by the other as the heartbreaker? I read
3 of swords as thevone who rejected the other as the heartbreaker.
( for various reasons).

I read 3 swords as this person felt they would break the others
heart in the long run , and the other party was to guarded..in uptight
way for them. that 3 of swords has me confused here.

nisaba

Well, the cards were about how they saw them, so that's how I read it.

Ethereal

ok, gotcha. thanks , nisaba. ;)

CaballoDeCopas

I think the three swords can be interpreted as a multitute of thoughts which can contribute to painful feelings. It may not be becuase of her but his own lack of self-confidence which is creating painful thoughts, it could be previous heartbreak which has made him feel guarded and weary. I don't see the 9 wands as healing, but being near the end of your teather, and you aren't letting anyone else in to finish you off....or it could be her that he senses this in, and so he doesn't feel there is the connection becuase she is guarded....just because someone doesn't see someone as a potential long term partner doesn't mean it is because they wouldn't want it given different circumstances, but becuase they can't see it, they get the feeling, it won't happen.

upawell

I think the three swords can be interpreted as a multitute of thoughts which can contribute to painful feelings. It may not be becuase of her but his own lack of self-confidence which is creating painful thoughts, it could be previous heartbreak which has made him feel guarded and weary. I don't see the 9 wands as healing, but being near the end of your teather, and you aren't letting anyone else in to finish you off....or it could be her that he senses this in, and so he doesn't feel there is the connection becuase she is guarded....just because someone doesn't see someone as a potential long term partner doesn't mean it is because they wouldn't want it given different circumstances, but becuase they can't see it, they get the feeling, it won't happen.

I have to agree with Caballo. These cards seem to point to him, not so much her, especially since it sounds like their relationship never got off the ground. It's possible that she may cause him to feel 3/Swords and 9/Wands; or these cards represent *his* reasons for not considering her a potential marriage partner.

Ethereal

caballodecopas: yes i do agree 9 of wands as she was guarded. he felt this way; i can see this. 3 of swords ; his own lack of confidence..interesting. that 3 swords still has me puzzled.
thank you for your take on this!

upawell: the relationship never did really get off the ground, true. could be the cards were referring to him. however, i do see the 9 of wands as her in this situation; most definitely. thank you for posting!