3 of Swords - and sex!

MissCW

I was going to post this in the thread about the minors and sexuality but it's closed so I've had to start this thread up instead.

What are your thoughts on this card generally in relation to sex? I got this recently in a spread where all the other cards were positive but it came up in the "is the couple sexually compatible" and for the life of me wasn't sure how to interpret it. I have a very negative view of the 3 of Swords, its probaby my least favourite card so my face was a picture when this one come out here. My first thought was, no they are not lol!

There was no suggestion of a third person in the relationship, the rest of the reading was all committment and positive.

The best I could come up with was they needed a bit of work in this department? (But I admit I did kind of bypass it a little to the person I was reading for!!) How would you all have interpreted it? Thank you!

tabi

Just a suggestion but you may wanna post the spread and the other cards to give a better idea of how to help with you.

MissCW

Hi Tabi,

To be honest, it was a while ago and I don't have the full details of it anymore. It was seeing the other thread about sexuality that brought it to mind. The couple concerned are still together anyway, so they must have worked through it!! :)

I was just wondering generally, with the 3 Swords being (for me) such a negative card what other peoples thoughts on it as a "sex card" were.

tabi

Personally I'm with you here, the 3 of Swords has always been a negative card to me. However dealing with sexuality it could be they are creating a barrier or a block that is worth then another person.

Also could be that they simply need to be more open with their wants and desires. Of one being more selfish then the other. *shrugging* I personally write down all of the cards that I draw in a spread. I have about 40 differrent half filled notebooks like that. :)

Doubt I was much help but maybe someone else in the forum has a better answer.

poivre

What about,
they play sexual mind games
with each others heart?
OR
Sexually compatable through their minds,
but what about their hearts?

Just ideas!

One more
They need to communicate more about their
feelings, or someone with have a
troubled heart.

.traveller.

I have had this card come up represent intense anxiety or stage fright where the third sword is a product of the querent's own mind. So in this sense, it could be speaking of performance anxiety or related mind-inspired pressures.

poivre

.traveller.

anxiety

good one!
:)

tabi

I always found it to mean lonely or deseprate....with some isolation because of pain

Deana

Well, when my mom had this card come up recently, she had no idea why so she asked me. I had no idea why and it seemed unrelated to her spread. Well, my cousin was getting out of the Air Force and he and his wife were supposed to be at my mom's house for dinner. They called to cancel. In fact, they would not be going to any dinners together as they were getting a divorce. My cousin had just found out that his wife had been sleeping with his best friend and it was just a few days later that he filed for divorce. So when I think Three of Swords and sex, I do immediately think affair.

minotaur

3 of swords sex

As far as sexual compatibility goes I would read the three of swords as they would find their own path outside the norms of traditional society.

Reversed would be flat-out XXX kinky sex.