3 of Swords as causing deliberate heartbreak....but for what motive?

Glass Owl

Quite often, a significant other will "allow" you to find out about his cheating by whatever means he can (lipstick on his collar, pantyhose in the glove compartment, text message from the other woman--as in your case, etc.) because he is too cowardly to bring it up himself face to face; yet, he knows it is something that needs to come out into the open and that the difficult and painful disscussion must happen.
It was a 3 card Tarot reading that tipped me off that my husband was cheating and lying about his whereabouts one evening. The middle card was the three of swords. Afterwards, I confronted him in person and he denied it but I decided that I needed to have answers, no matter how painful, so searched on our computer. In just a matter of minutes I found written communications between the two of them. I think he knew I would find them at that point and wanted his double life to end. So I agree with others who have said that the 3 Swords can sometimes represent a love triangle or infidelity. It can also, at least in my experience, represent painful, heartbreaking truths being communicated either verbally or through the written word.

mandy1964

sunchariot
For me personally the 3 of Swords is about having caring, nurturing, protective thoughts about someone.3=The Empress, Swords= our thoughts. That is how i read, works well for me. But my point is stilll that anything is possible if that is how we choose to use and view a card.

i would just like to say this was an interesting idea one that has made me think oh yeah thats an idea i would never think of it

thanks again mandy

SunChariot

sunchariot
For me personally the 3 of Swords is about having caring, nurturing, protective thoughts about someone.3=The Empress, Swords= our thoughts. That is how i read, works well for me. But my point is stilll that anything is possible if that is how we choose to use and view a card.

i would just like to say this was an interesting idea one that has made me think oh yeah thats an idea i would never think of it

thanks again mandy

You're welcome. :grin: Actaully that is my method for reading Minors in general (witha few minor exceptions).

I tend to refer the number back to the Major of the same number and add in the suit.

Eg the 3 of Swords=The Empress of Swords. About caring nurturinjg thoughts.
the 3 of Cups=The Empress of Cups=caring nurturing feelings
3 of Wands=Empress of Wands=wnating to create something caring and nurturing

and so on with numbers in the Minors. Since the Minors are only numbered Ace to 10. I use reversals to fill in the rest of the numbers ....It's my way and it works well for me. And I never had to memorize anything. I just learnt the main meanings for the Majors and for the suits (and of course the Courts) and that's all the memory work required..

Babs