3 Of Swords

Queenofkingh

Does anyone else see the 3 of swords as an opening or peicing of the heart chakra? The ability to allow the mind to be processed by the heart and visa versa. I have read that the 3 of swords is heartbreak, but isnt that more appropiate of the 5 of cups?

i see the 2 swords as closing the mind to love and the 3 as opening
I have the morgan greer deck and antime i see the 3 of swords i instintivley get a feeling that through thougth processes the heart has come into bloom (the sun rising behind the heart).

Queeny

Sophie

Yes, I've had it come up as that.

And it makes sense, really - when you're in mental pain and your emotions are threatening to engulf you, the effort you make - mentally - to overcome that "drowning" can result in your heart bursting open.

It can also burst open spontaneously - it's the time when joy feels almost like pain and your mind is soaring.

arachnophobia

Queenofkingh said:
Does anyone else see the 3 of swords as an opening or peicing of the heart chakra? The ability to allow the mind to be processed by the heart and visa versa. I have read that the 3 of swords is heartbreak, but isnt that more appropiate of the 5 of cups?

i see the 2 swords as closing the mind to love and the 3 as opening
I have the morgan greer deck and antime i see the 3 of swords i instintivley get a feeling that through thougth processes the heart has come into bloom (the sun rising behind the heart).

Queeny

See my comment on "what to do when 'advice from above' does not make sense?" above, Queeny?

memries

The three of swords RRW... feel I know about. Fell, broke my arm and shoulder...awful pain and then I was sitting there (helpless really) in a chair and I kept turning up the 3 of Swords. (with my one hand..lol) My broken marriage was flashing at me... which was a couple of years ago. It was like I was reliving all the bad that had gone by. The anxiety, wondering if I had done the right things. Should I have left. It was all assailing me.
I am a pretty positive person but there are times in life things do happen to you and there is just no getting around it.
Somehow or other it was like the card was telling me..."Yes, I know". Is that strange or what ? Anyway I found it very comforting and it was like an acknowledgement of what had happened.
I think it did effect my heart chakra...I was so vulnerable and it was like it was breaking for a bit.
Happy to say I am fully recovered and have pretty much total use again of my arm and shoulder and no pain.
So don't feel sorry for me as I am a survivor. I know that !!!

Queenofkingh

It can also burst open spontaneously - it's the time when joy feels almost like pain and your mind is soaring.

Yes, that what i feel about it too, kind of like a "eureka" moment but 10 times more intense

See my comment on "what to do when 'advice from above' does not make sense?" above, Queeny?

Sorry Arach, I didnt read you post before I posted this <blush>
Your take on the3 of swords is very interesting. I like the idea of it representing an old soul with or someone with a morbid sence of humour, kinda capricornish!

Im glad your feeling better after your fall memries.

I also think of the 3 of swords being the realisation (mental) of the unity of mind body and spirit.

Queeny

star-lover

the last time i had the 3 of swords come up followed an incident where i cut ties with someone (although temporarily it turned out) - i was lied to and felt awful

it really hurt both that i'd been lied to where i trusted and also that i had to cut ties and tell them in harsh words what they had made me feel like

while i was lying there with tears flowing and the pain i felt at the events - i decided to forgive and that it didn't matter - they didnt really mean to do it - what mattered was the best in the relationship - it was like i had the power and will to forgive and i guess thats the heart working x

it helped a little
week later we were both back as if nothing happened
we never talked about it
didnt have to
truth didnt need to spoken

hope that made sense

mtnmermaid

I've never thought about it that way but it does make sense.