3 of wands his heart, 6 of cups his mind...

Druzy

Hi friends!
Im trying to understand on how the following 2 cards would define someone's heart and mind.

3 of wands to represent his heart ? My 1st thought was that it indicated his feeling able to take a risk & explore. But can this be with an individual or does it indicate to explore other people as well.
&
6 of cups his mind ? I know that this card often indicates a look at the past. We don't really have a past, so how can I tie this idea of looking at his past & what he thinks about our relationship. I also have a strong sense that our relationship is unlike any other he's had before. So that kind of rules out a comparison factor for me.

Basically both of these just don't seem personal...as in being directly tied to us.

Possible outcome 10 of cups (if that helps)

Just as background...this is someone Ive known for a few months and have dated very casually. The connection has always felt easy and solid. I wanted to try out an interesting relationship spread: http://lovedovetarot.com/?s=mary-el

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you all!!

agent199

Since this is a relationship spread.

3 of Wands -> His heart is just not into relationships. (he looks at the boats sailing away)
6 of Cups -> His mind is full of passivity. (notice the guard)

Reading from RWS.

theboomz

Looking for the missing piece (to complete the four of wands), he's optimistic, but can't move on for now, too shaped by the past. He desires to move on, though, and he wants to retain useful portions of his past that he finds beautiful and comforting.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Posts that were hidden pending OP interpretation have been returned to view.

PAMUYA

His mind is still in the past (6 of cups), the 3 of Wands is that he is waiting for his ship to come in. He is not fully in the moment at this time.

Druzy

Looking for the missing piece (to complete the four of wands), he's optimistic, but can't move on for now, too shaped by the past. He desires to move on, though, and he wants to retain useful portions of his past that he finds beautiful and comforting.

Your words really "clicked" with me! Ive always struggled to define the 3 of wands as stationary kind of energy because I've usually associated that with the 2 of wands, since in that card he hasn't even left the castle. But now, Im feeling the action sense in that there is a "desire to...whatever inspires them". While in the to there is still no sense of specific inspiration.
Thank you!!

Druzy

His mind is still in the past (6 of cups), the 3 of Wands is that he is waiting for his ship to come in. He is not fully in the moment at this time.

My gut also felt the "he's not fully in the moment at this time". And he is the type of person that both his heart and his mind must be aligned in order to take action.

Thank you!

Druzy

Since this is a relationship spread.

3 of Wands -> His heart is just not into relationships. (he looks at the boats sailing away)
6 of Cups -> His mind is full of passivity. (notice the guard)

Reading from RWS.

Thats really interesting...Im going to have to take a look at RWS's version of this card (Im using Robin Wood) because Ive never noticed that (the guard)!!

Thank you for pointing that detail out!