4 of Pentacles turned by the Wheel?

SA12

Just curious about this pair. Had them turn up in a [elementally friendly] 3 card draw recently. Another earth card was on the left; the 4 of pents and the Wheel followed. I am wondering if the (dignifed/upright) Wheel would release or positively change the 'blah' energy in the 4 (which is notably kinda pent-up/selfish/withholding) OR is this suggesting that the pattern in the 4 is just doomed to keep repeating?My first thought was that the fire in the wild Wheel is lighting a proverbial fire under that 4 and thus forcing some kind of direction change that is perhaps beyond control of the seeker.
Thoughts?

rwcarter

In an EEF triad with the 4P in the center, the first E strengthens the 4's behavior/outlook. If you use traditional GD ED associations, the neutral EF interaction becomes a friendly interaction. So I'd guess that the turning of the wheel would also reinforce the behavior/outlook in the 4P.

I leave neutral interactions neutral, which means that sometimes they'll be friendly, sometimes they'll stay neutral and sometimes they'll become unfriendly. If neutral, then the turning of the Wheel would have no real effect on the 4P.

HTH,
Rodney

Kgirl

You would have to think the Wheel of Fortune is in the reading for a reason

I don't know the question or the what the third card is but I wonder if its possible that the cards are saying that the traits of the Four of Pentacles will lead to some kind of karmic response from the universe?

Or that this person in this situation faced a massive Wheel of Fortune type change in their life and its lead them to be a bit of a penny-pincher or possessive with their belongings.

Hard to tell without more info. But in essence I agree with you. Fire is active, it has stirred something up and the impact of that is now embedded in the person's personality, traits or outlook (Earth element).

SA12

In an EEF triad with the 4P in the center, the first E strengthens the 4's behavior/outlook. If you use traditional GD ED associations, the neutral EF interaction becomes a friendly interaction. So I'd guess that the turning of the wheel would also reinforce the behavior/outlook in the 4P.

I leave neutral interactions neutral, which means that sometimes they'll be friendly, sometimes they'll stay neutral and sometimes they'll become unfriendly. If neutral, then the turning of the Wheel would have no real effect on the 4P.

HTH,
Rodney

Hi Rodney, yes I was reading the EF interaction as friendly -- although I am still intuitively feeling my way around because I am not sure that, given the nature of the Wheel, that it would "reinforce" the 4.

SA12

You would have to think the Wheel of Fortune is in the reading for a reason

I don't know the question or the what the third card is but I wonder if its possible that the cards are saying that the traits of the Four of Pentacles will lead to some kind of karmic response from the universe?

Or that this person in this situation faced a massive Wheel of Fortune type change in their life and its lead them to be a bit of a penny-pincher or possessive with their belongings.

Hard to tell without more info. But in essence I agree with you. Fire is active, it has stirred something up and the impact of that is now embedded in the person's personality, traits or outlook (Earth element).

Hi Kgirl! I think your idea about the Wheel indicating a karmic response or a massive change is interesting. Given what I was told of the situation, I don't see pennypinching so much as the person in the 4 withholding the other aspects of "self" you find expressed by pentacles from the seeker.

starrystarrynight

I might simply see this pair (4 Pents/Wheel) as a person or situation who/that is closed off [to you] and "stingy" because that is just how he/it rolls and will continue to roll for the foreseeable future. Of course, the issue and question would further determine how those energies might fit the situation.

As far as elements are concerned--for the way I read with them--the 4 Pents would be dignified, and the Wheel may or may not be, depending upon the next card after it to come off the deck (whether or not you read it as part of your spread.) But again...that's just how I do it.

Kgirl

Starry - I thought you read trump cards as life lessons or a significant event of influence? I don't understand how Wheel of Fortune therefore could be read as something mundane like "this is how someone rolls"?

I just can't reconcile that at all with a card that is so inherently about change?

starrystarrynight

Kgirl said:
Starry - I thought you read trump cards as life lessons or a significant event of influence? I don't understand how Wheel of Fortune therefore could be read as something mundane like "this is how someone rolls"?

I just can't reconcile that at all with a card that is so inherently about change?
Nothing is absolute. :) What I said simply popped into my head when I saw that pair. I will admit, though, that it's pretty hard to pull a couple of cards out of a spread and make too much sense out of them...so this is just a distant possibility, anyway.

But I don't really think the Wheel is always about change, either. To me, there is a certain repetitiveness to the wheel...it keeps turning in the same circle or path. That is why I suggested that the "closed-offishness" of the Four of Pentacles is how the situation may repeat into the future.

Kgirl

I see ... thanks for that :)

SA12

Starry and Kgirl, thank you both -- this has been an interesting and helpful discussion!

Owing to its cyclical nature, I definitely see how one would find and experience repetition in the Wheel. However, I personally see the repeating of negative patterns more readily expressed in the Wheel reversed/ill dignified, the 2 or 4 of pentacles (rev), the 8 of swords, Temperance rev, or the good old Devil. Since the Wheel did not come up ill-dignified here, I guess it struck me first as a dynamic, fiery contrast to the slow stubborn pentacle cards; and as a major, it would compell one to embrace change as part of the natural cycle.