4 of swords as feelings

Dartellus

Hi!

What weird card to be on feelings.

I look to the card and i see the meaning as "The feelings have'nt changed" if there was an past feeling.
But for a first reading, i could see "retiring from the feelings, after being hurt, and going to a recovery".
This last one can be used in the first as well, depending of the reading cards in the spread.

What you people think?
I'm still thinking that this card is weird in this position.

Thanks for the help!

Kristyjnh

4 of Swords as feelings... Feeling like you need a break, are emotionally burnt out and need some downtime. That's how I would read it.

Dartellus

4 of Swords as feelings... Feeling like you need a break, are emotionally burnt out and need some downtime. That's how I would read it.

Hi Kristyjnh!

Yeah, i agree with you, specially looking to the swords pointed to the person that is laying down, meaning that the thoughts still stinging this person.

Thanks for the insight!

Enlightenment23

In a non-romance reading, this could mean feeling the need for rest, wanting a nice long siesta. The person in question needs "recovery" time perhaps after a period of stress or illness. The person can feel at peace -- he or she can feel calm and serene. The 4 of Swords can depict someone who feels isolated, withdrawn, ignored, alone....that kind of stuff.

As romance, probably one of the worst cards to get. As feelings, there's much going on as you can see -- they're dead, still, inactive. Their feelings are stoic, detached, apathetic, stolid, unconcerned...etc.

Just my take.

Dartellus

In a non-romance reading, this could mean feeling the need for rest, wanting a nice long siesta. The person in question needs "recovery" time perhaps after a period of stress or illness. The person can feel at peace -- he or she can feel calm and serene. The 4 of Swords can depict someone who feels isolated, withdrawn, ignored, alone....that kind of stuff.

As romance, probably one of the worst cards to get. As feelings, there's much going on as you can see -- they're dead, still, inactive. Their feelings are stoic, detached, apathetic, stolid, unconcerned...etc.

Just my take.

Hi Enlightnment23!

Humm, great point about the non-romance reading, i haven't thought before in this situation, but makes sense.

As romance, yes, i agree, it looks like that. But, coming from a past reading, i would see as being the same as before.

Thanks for the insights!

Mystica7

4 of Swords as feelings does not necessarily mean that the person in question doesn't have any feelings for you at all. Depends on the context as well, but if you see each other it could mean that for some reason his feelings for you are tiresome (or a burden) for him... That's why he needs a break.

Getting this card for the feelings of your long-lost ex on the other hand, is very good news since you now know that you can freely progress with another guy.

Dartellus

4 of Swords as feelings does not necessarily mean that the person in question doesn't have any feelings for you at all. Depends on the context as well, but if you see each other it could mean that for some reason his feelings for you are tiresome (or a burden) for him... That's why he needs a break.

Getting this card for the feelings of your long-lost ex on the other hand, is very good news since you now know that you can freely progress with another guy.

Hi Mystica!

Interesting, so the feeling might be there, but feelings this is tiresome.
Can be that the person might be tired of feeling not corresponded?

Thanks for the help!

Mystica7

Hi Mystica!

Interesting, so the feeling might be there, but feelings this is tiresome.
Can be that the person might be tired of feeling not corresponded?

Thanks for the help!

Hi Dartellus,

Now your question opens up a whole new dimension on the interpretation of this card in feelings position.

After a break-up, when I was very tired of feeling rejected and not corresponded, guess which card was showing up as for my feelings... So, the 4 of Swords may show the feelings of a person who is taking stock, close to the point of giving up but still hanging there... fed up, thinking about a strategy to cope with it, rather than experiencing a sense of total defeat which would be reflected by the 5 of Swords.

Hope this helps...

Grizabella

It could mean that you feel totally comforted and at ease with this person. There's no need to even talk because you're so attuned to this other person.

Dartellus

Hi Dartellus,

Now your question opens up a whole new dimension on the interpretation of this card in feelings position.

After a break-up, when I was very tired of feeling rejected and not corresponded, guess which card was showing up as for my feelings... So, the 4 of Swords may show the feelings of a person who is taking stock, close to the point of giving up but still hanging there... fed up, thinking about a strategy to cope with it, rather than experiencing a sense of total defeat which would be reflected by the 5 of Swords.

Hope this helps...

Hi Mystica7!

Yeah, good point, the 5 of swords would be more like feeling defeated.
Interesting, so this person is fighting to keep the feeling alive. I always saw as a passive card, but i can see it as you way as well, i really can...interesting point of view that you wrote.

Yeah it helped, a lot actually.

Thanks a lot for the help!