6 of pentacles as someone's feelings

Midsummereve

Hello all,

I am trying to get a good understanding of what the 6 of pentacles can represent as one's person's feelings for another, whether romantic or not.

So far I have found: feeling that this person is generous, charitable, helpful...

Does anyone have other suggestions?

This is for my Tarot journal. Thanks very much in advance!

rwcarter

One may feel that they're always giving and never receiving. Or they may feel that they can only take because they have nothing to give. One may feel charitable towards another. One may feel like helping another person out. (Can be the same, but not necessarily.)

Rodney

Midsummereve

As feelings: "can't afford to" commit to someone?
Involved in a marriage of convenience

rwcarter

As feelings: "can't afford to" commit to someone?
Involved in a marriage of convenience
Both of those are stretches for me, but sometimes that's what we readers have to do - stretch to make a card's interpretation fit a given situation. :)

Not saying that either one is wrong, but neither one is one of the first things I'd come up with seeing that card in a feelings position.

Rodney

Mystica7

It depends really... If you are in contact with that person (seeing each other), it may be that he is comfortable sharing things with you, to have you around and that person feels generous and giving towards you.

This doesn't always have to be in the romantic sense.

The feeling of giving a lot but not receiving enough is rather the reversed position for me.

nisaba

So far I have found: feeling that this person is generous, charitable, helpful...

Those are personality-characteristics, not emotions. If they gelt generous TOWARDS someone, that would be a feeling.

They might identify with other figures in the card: they may feel dependent on someone, or patronised by them.

Midsummereve

Those are personality-characteristics, not emotions. If they gelt generous TOWARDS someone, that would be a feeling.

They might identify with other figures in the card: they may feel dependent on someone, or patronised by them.

Right. I see what you mean. The distinction is important. Thanks for that :)