6 of Wands/2 of Pentacles as a job

eyeDEEclaire

What kind of job would be indicated by 6 of Wands clarified by 2 of Pentacles?

2 of Pentacles makes me think of waitressing or balancing 2 part time jobs.

As for the 6 of Wands, absolutely nothing comes to mind. I was searching the threads for some insight on it and someone posted "it often comes for up for me meaning successful ideas or projects - something of one's doing or an original creation being appreciated."

Anyone have any ideas?

PAMUYA

This is kind of cynical, but the first thing that came to mind was a politician. Never committing to one issue always juggling the issues to keep yourself popular. With the 6 of Wands it would have to be a job that keeps you in the spot light.

eyeDEEclaire

Well, it's hard not to be cynical when it comes to politics! :D

rwcarter

There was a recent tragedy around here that's exemplified by these two cards - a jockey (6 Wands) was thrown from his horse (2 Pentacles - need for balance) during a race and the horse fell on him, crushing his spine and leaving him paralyzed from the waist down. So I'd probably avoid being a jockey.

The 6 Wands suggests a position in which you are supported or surrounded by others. I'd probably interpret the 2 Pentacles to suggest the need for a strong or secure foundation. Management in an established company? Race car driver? And type of leadership role?

Rodney

eyeDEEclaire

Thanks, Rodney!

That's awful about the jockey! I think I'm too tall to be a jockey anyway! ;)

Race car driver! Ha ha! Well, Nascar is pretty popular around here!

I just read somewhere that the 6 of Wands can be about riding on someone else's coattails or taking credit for work someone else did. That's not really the kind of thing I approve of.
Perhaps I should be working for someone else who is in the spotlight or on someone else's project. I don't care if they take credit as long as I get paid!