7 Pentacles/ fruits of his labor?

Dean

Uk

When i get the 7 of Disks for me it tells of any projects or endeavors might take longer to get off the ground, to me it says a waiting period is needed for any growth to start happening. As this card is ruled by Saturn and Taurus, then this corresponds to a Time of hard work and steady growth.

jojojo

Worth the Wait

I agree totally with Deanres - it is a period of waiting - but not passively, if you tend to your crops they wil grow, if you ignore them they will die. So whatever it is that your were 'reading' on and the 7 of pentacles comes up I see it as a keep going, you're doing ok at the moment, it may take a while but it'll be worth it.

Elven

For some reason Ive never seen the 'wait' with this card - 'pause' preferably -but this is only my interpretation of it - and I am seeing other aspects of the card I had not considered seriously before.

On the RWS card I see a person looking at the extent of work and effort which has already been put in to bring his dreams thus far. He leans on his tools, as if to take a breather, but also stands in realization of the further effort now needed to see that this 'crop/bounty/prosperity' reaches its potential goal - its market. Possible contemplation of ideas and plans which have been put into action - and the results of energy spent versus crop/bounty produced. It is the last phase of his project - I see this as the 75% card - the last yards being sometimes the hardest. His crop is also 'perishable' so to some degree, he is governed by timings - the right 'season'. He cannot be rested truely until he has completed the full cycle necessary - Harvest to market. There is work still to be done. Even all the work up to this point maybe in vain if he does not progress to the final stage - then I see satisfaction and the ability to progress confidently.
At this point in the card - I feel taking time out to compose a sensible practicle plan for the final stages will be needed, not idle thinking and daydreaming that someone else will come along and do all the 'ground' work for you, or that it will all just happen with a wave of the magic sickle LOL!! :p.

Just some thoughts :D
Blessings
Elven x

Teheuti

I always liked Angeles Arrien's keyphrase for the card: "Fear of Failure" which goes well with Saturn in Taurus - creating a certain cautious hesitation or weary rest. It's that moment when you can get caught in negative expectations or you can pull yourself out of it through renewed application of effort despite any apprehensions. This works equally well for the RWS image. I like keeping the options open as to which way the querent will go - looking to the other cards, question and card position to see what's most likely.

Crowley describes Saturn in Taurus as:
"His obstinacy, pertinacity and dullness are accentuated. But as all this makes for steadiness, the moral character is firm and capable of overcoming obstacles by sheer determination; while, on the other hand, those obstacles themselves are not apt to be particularly violent. So we shall expect to find natives with the capacity to push steadfastly forward, and to conquer." He gives examples of the weakness and impatience of Shelley, the "doggedness" of Ulysses S. Grant, and Cecil Rhodes' last words, "So much to do; so little done."

Then: "In mundane affairs Saturn in Taurus is not very good for financial matters; unless extremely well aspected, money comes slowly or wastes away. The native, however, may somewhat counteract this danger, since the same influence that begrudges his financial success makes him careful and saving, sometimes indeed quite frugal."

This is from _Astrology: Your Place Among the Stars_ - ghost-written by Crowley for Evangeline Adams.

Horace

eye opening insights

Thank you Teheuti. It was reading what you wrote about Saturn in Taurus that bumped my brain. and Elven saying 'pause' was more the word. like a VCR's type pause...

I'm almost afraid to admit how dumb I am! How could I not understand this card better!

I grew up on an 85 acre fruit farm. We grew fruit for the grocery markets. My father and older brothers were always out choosing which fruits were ready for market. Some days they would over pick. Impatient to REAP WHAT THEY HAD SOWN....
There is lots of 'Fear of Failure' in farming, whatever the crop. You must rely on Mother Nature, on uncontrollable outside forces that are out of your own contol. Weather, and pests, and blight. You just hope the prep work was solid.

And the crop isn't ready even yet. The man in the 8 has isolated himself from the town in order to focus on finishing. (He must be the grocer who had to process them for sale.)

And I'll never again look at the Knight of Pentacles as being so boring. Through plodding along and sheer drone-work that gentleman farmer in the 7 pushed himself to become a Knight.

So many new thoughts! Thanks AE Hh

Fulgour

"The Turning Point"

Long tedious hours have blunted enthusiasm, dulling anticipation
as imagination fails. The season's labours have come down to a
single, decisive moment of truth. Whether to labour further for
the fruits so nearly at hand but still requiring prudent husbandry,
or forsake as sour grapes such profits in favour of the pleasures
of the immediate gratification available from a too early harvest.

~Fulgour

Fulgour

wrong forum (again)

Teheuti said:
Crowley describes...
Heaven help us! Please, no more Black Magic Satanist Crowley!

Emerald_Empress

7 Of Pents lookis like he has harvested his vines (note the little cling-on bits that grow, and the large leafy bush of leaves) but wasn't enough to sustain the amount he needed for success, income etc which is why he doesnt have room for the last pentacle.

Its as if the hard work aint paying off!!