78 degrees of wisdom - I finally bought it

Alpha-Omega

Ok I have heard so much about this book 78 degrees of wisdom, I always came across it at borders but they had one copy and it had a Page ripped in it so i never bought it. I finaly bought it cause it was a new copy, I LOVE IT. Its not like other tarot books. She gives so much detail and background history to the cards. Its great, i am learning new things all the time from it.

Bonnie

Rachel

Alpha & Omega:

Have fun with this! Rachel always gives her readers something to think about!

Blessings,
Bonnie

6 Haunted Days

enjoy :) It's a great book and I loved taking my time pouring over each card. I wish though she had taken as much time and depth on all the minors. some are very in-depth with wonderful insights, then surprisingly some are a short terse description with little insight....uneven treatment.

But it is one of the top 5 books on the tarot in my opinion. I love her explanation and discussions on the Gate cards, they have added immeasurably to my readings, understanding and interpertations of those cards....and led me to discover some very personal Gate cards on my own :)

Miss 6

Open Arms

A friend of mine has it and keeps telling me to get it....

I will one day...I promise!!!

Just have to buy a few more decks first.....

thorhammer

I have it, and love it. I read half a page and it takes me three weeks to digest that! But that's okay. My first deck was her one, and I feel a bit of an attachment to her. Her writing style is brilliant. Have fun with it!

\m/ Kat

rainbowmoon

I am just starting this book. I'm glad to see it reccomended as there are so many books out there!

Djcooler

I just ordered my copy yesterday. I felt odd not having it on my bookshelf seeing as it is regarded as the bible of tarot study. It will be here soon. I admit I am not [yet] all that interested in the history angle of things but I figure all the reviewers can't be wrong. I just hope it makes me a better reader overall and helps me connect with my decks in new ways. Like some have said I would appreciate this book a lot more once I got really tired of every other "beginner" book. I feel like I've read them all. They are becoming repetitive and I want to learn more. I want to learn about connecting the cards and being able to tell an in depth story. Hopefully this book will lead me there.

Tansey Ella

edited

Sulis

Dhamma said:
i have tarot of the 78 doors.I love it. it's very different than the RWS.

Yes but do you have Rachel Pollack's book '78 degrees of Wisdom'? :D

octoberiste

ooh. I'm getting that for my birthday. My friend already told me, and it's on its way. I'm so excited.