78 Weeks of Study: General Discussion

jackdaw*

*is jealous but happy for Gregory*

But it's my own fault. If I was actually reliable for it at all, and did one a week each and every blessed week, like the exercise says I'm SUPPOSED to do, without taking big chunks of time and even time out for home and work and family stuff, I'd be cluing up too ... but no, here I sit cursing at Saturn for the bloody old Three of Swords, and then the rest of that suit to finish up, then back to the World, the whole Wands suit, and the Ace to Four in the Cups. Sigh. And nobody to blame but myself :laugh:

gregory

I AM DONE !!!

Cheer up JD, you'll get there :) I AM retired. It helps :D

jackdaw*

:heart: Congratulations!!!!!!!! :heart: Go you!

Siochanai

I have really been giving some thought about starting to do this. It sucks to have to go about it alone anyone interested in starting one of these with me?

gregory

jackdaw* is still in there.... But few people look at this thread - go and ask in another thread... ?

I WOULD, but twice is enough ! (Once was enough, with hindsight :D)

And by the way - I started out with her and two others. The other two have vanished; she hasn't; she just has a very busy life, and is slowish... You will very likely end up alone. I have done both times, though at least this time JD pops by to encourage me - and last time, Creative Fire did that for me.

Siochanai

I figured I would post here instead of making a new thread as it seemed pointless since this one already existed. Even if it is really old.

gregory

I figured I would post here instead of making a new thread as it seemed pointless since this one already existed. Even if it is really old.

No - I meant in an existing thread - I forget where the four of us "met" but it was some talking tarot thread where one of us said she thought she'd do the study, and the rest of us said OK let's start it together. Few people come over here to the Dark Area of Hard Work...

AJ

For what its worth I'm doing card by card also,Thoth and the thothy Tarot of the Spirit) but posting to a private blog (so I can have big images and not fuss about copyright.

Can't remember what day I started but I have four suits finished
Am up to Hierophant today.
They are long posts, coming off written pages, so in effect I'm doing them twice already.

I have a couple of books coming and will go back through when I've read them and flesh out each post.
I'm doing a card a day but I have a full written page, billions of things to notice...

This is in part, working with the Thoth side of cards for the first time
but also one of ways I'm outrunning a black depression. Keeping every minute packed in a day helps. But I wouldn't recommend 2 cards a day for any other reason.

jackdaw*

(((((AJ)))))

I'm still here, yes, but am going very slowly ...

Naz.J.

knock knock?

Happy New Year All...

Anyone still doing the 78 Weeks Tarot study? I started a few months ago, I'm currently on The Hermit. It's been really difficult at times, especially to keep track and manage the time, but I'm hoping to keep at it and not leave it unfinished. I've been writing my entries up offline because I find it helps me to concentrate better but I'm thinking to start posting them up...would be nice to know if there's anyone else out there who's willing to come along on this arduous adventure... :)