8 of cups as a place

Reverie

8 of cups (rider/universal waite style)

as a place

An escape, I'd guess somewhere in nature, somewhere dark where one can nurture oneself and find strength

Any other thoughts?

Golden Moon

I see it as a place where pain has been going on and has manifested itself and now it's time to leave that place behind in search for another one.

Reverie

Golden Moon said:
I see it as a place where pain has been going on and has manifested itself and now it's time to leave that place behind in search for another one.

Interesting... but that still... I mean maybe the cards are playing tricks on me but I asked for a place where someone is, although you are right, they are leaving and not arriving, but concerning a place, maybe it would be more like uncharted areas, somewhere they haven't been before

willowfox

No where, as the person is searching for that place.

Sagefire

Literally, I see it as a cave or a canyon, most likely with water involved somehow, be it as a stream or a waterfall. First thoughts include Boulder Falls outside of my town, and Salt Creek in Death Valley. :D

Figuratively, I see this as a place you don't normally go, but have fond thoughts of. Someplace you will not be bothered, someplace you have wanted to visit for a long while. A place that will stimulate you to grow and revitalize! When I think of this card, I obviously see a person leaving some things behind, but I get the strong impression they already know which direction they are heading..have a destination in mind!! :heart:

nisaba

Somewhere hilly where hiking happens.

Gloria Jean

A hideout. A stop over. A place to plan the next journey.
It is a place you go to 'get away' from the current life or situation.
Your secret cabin in the mountains, or a place from your past.

Amanda

How about: Home is where the heart is. The place would be deep inside.

Gloria Jean

Amanda_04 said:
How about: Home is where the heart is. The place would be deep inside.

Yes, it is a person who leaves to follow his heart and pursue his dream.

Reverie

Hi guys :)

Thanks for all your lovely ideas. They are all so beautiful!
Boy, I would love to go to my 8 of cups place. I wonder where that would be.

Well in my reading I had asked where a friend disappeared to. I just heard from him now and it turns out he is definitely in his 8 of cups special place.

He left everything behind (including all of us questioning what in the world happened to him). He went to his home country which I believe is wild like in the 8 of cups imagery and what was mentioned by Sagefire. He is staying at his grandma's house. Definitely a place of fond memories, I'm sure. The week before he left he was talking about going back there to be with his family because he felt lonely and he feels good there. That would explain the longing feeling... I also think he was having problems where he was currently, so it was a form of escape. I wonder if he plans on settling down there. It might be good for him.