8 of Cups as an outcome of a relationship?

littlestar

How would you interpret the 8 of cups as a final outcome for a relationship?

Do you see this as the end the relationship or one person walking away from the other in seach of something more and deeper?

Amanda

littlestar said:

Do you see this as the end the relationship or one person walking away from the other in seach of something more and deeper?

I guess I would see it as one person walking away from the relationship in search of something new and more emotionally fulfilling- which I would assume would end the relationship...?

Golden Moon

littlestar said:

I would see the 8 of Cups as looking for a missing pieces to the relationship. Looking for something to fill teh void:).

littlestar

Very good point Golden Moon and very applicable to this relationship.

VenusRising

I did a reading for someone about her relationship. And this card came up for the outcome. She was contemplating leaving her longtime bf. She eventually broke off their 10 year relationship. She said she felt 'free for the first' after she did it.

Disa

This card comes up often for a person I know as the outcome in relationship spreads. They are searching for the missing piece, unfortunately I don't think it's within that relationship-yet, in the relationship they will remain for as long as possible.

If the missing piece isn't found in the relationship, I would interpret it, as you said, one walking away in search of something more, and deeper.

katiec950

I see this card as walking away from a relationship. It's kind of like making a decision that things are not working. However I do feel there is a sadness to walking away even though it must be done... I think it's the need to experience new things...

Miss Divine

In my experience, it was always then end of the relationship. Because either he or she was not happy anymore, so decided to walk away from the relationship.

Also, one of them could have met somebody else that they choose to be with.

Sulis

I think it's dangerous to say a card 'always' means something or other.

I've had this card come up in relationship readings before and it hasn't meant the end of a relationship, it's meant that something is missing from the relationship and it's time to sort it out.
I've also had it come up in relationship readings and it's meant that it is the end of the relationship, time to move on and look for that ninth cup elsewhere.
I've also had it come up in relationship readings and it's meant that it's time to take the relationship to a new, deeper level.

Eights are related to Justice and are about reaping what you have sown so it depends what's gone on in the relationship before.

Glastonbury Ed

I often :) find that this card is about truly lettign go of a person or situation. As the cups are often about our inner emotions it is not just good enough to "have some time out" out or "walk away" but to truely let go of something inside and accept that it's gone.

Of course this then empowers us to go off and fill that missing gap without looking back.