8 of Swords as an occupation?

BeyondtheVeil

Does anyone know what the 8 of Swords would signify as a job? I would think something confining? Maybe a mental hospital? I have no idea.. help!

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!
BeyondtheVeil

FatesLady

My first impression was something that lifts the blindfold off of OTHER people. Life coach?

BeyondtheVeil

When I said mental hospital, I was referring to other people. Like maybe the person was doctor, nurse, counselor there?

gorgeousbutterfly

a therapist that specializes in fears/phobias?

FatesLady

BeyondtheVeil said:
When I said mental hospital, I was referring to other people. Like maybe the person was doctor, nurse, counselor there?

I know. You were talking about professions that involve confining people, and I was thinking the idea may be more to liberate them. Honestly, depending on the spread it could go either way.

BeyondtheVeil

I guess I should specify.. it would be a profession in the 1800s. :D

BeyondtheVeil

gorgeousbutterfly said:
a therapist that specializes in fears/phobias?

Yes.. I guess that is why I thought mental hospital. So I guess that is probably the only way we can go is the fears/phobias/confining. Atleast that is all that I got. lol

FatesLady

BeyondtheVeil said:
I guess I should specify.. it would be a profession in the 1800s. :D

Ah... life coach not so much.

What about a writer?

Sinduction

I know who you're reading about! :D I'm playing along at home.

That's a tough one. I think he felt confined in his profession. Like it didn't allow him to do what he wanted to do. Perhaps that's why he acted out the way he did.

Maybe, since it was back in those times, he had to follow in his father's footsteps or something like that.

But the 8 of swords, that's a lot of swords. Maybe that is significant as well. A butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker....... ;)

BeyondtheVeil

Sinduction said:
I know who you're reading about! :D I'm playing along at home.

That's a tough one. I think he felt confined in his profession. Like it didn't allow him to do what he wanted to do. Perhaps that's why he acted out the way he did.

Maybe, since it was back in those times, he had to follow in his father's footsteps or something like that.

But the 8 of swords, that's a lot of swords. Maybe that is significant as well. A butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker....... ;)

I can NOT get anything with that stupid pendulum! :laugh: I got "md" but then got something else so I figured.. TAROT!! :D I thought maybe he is just a mental patient! :laugh: I PM'ed her and if I can figure it out just say that as Tarot instead of letters.
I think it is clear that he was unhappy.. confined. I asked though.. "What was his occupation? Who knows? lol

Thanks for helping! :(

You should join the thread.. I would LOVE to have you too! :D