8 Swords

Fulgour

hi ros

ros said:
This card can also mean stay on course, take baby steps until things are clearer from the walls built and sometimes the person feels like they are walking on eggshells. Walls are meant to come down. There is still hope because the background is light.
This is from a reading I did in May ~ I just got a thank you note today!

Question: "Is ____ coming back to me? ...do I need to let go
or is there still hope for us?"

The card drawn is: Eight of Swords
Keywords/theme: frustration, restriction, disillusionment

My interpretation: Blocked energy is the principle indicator of this card, something where you may be finding yourself in a situation where you would like to follow through a range of exciting opportunities and ideas, but forces beyond your control are restricting your options and movements. The resultant frustration may in turn be causing anxiety ~ because of the intensity of your desire to achieve your goals. You may need to find a way to cope with the delays, relaxing through meditation or finding something to bring gentle patience and understanding for your concerns.

As a yes or no answer, your card very clearly indicates delay ~ rather than finality. Hope is also clearly represented by the image on your card. A young woman waits by the seashore. She is blindfolded and loosely bound. Eight swords seem to ring around her. In the background we see a castle rising high near the water's edge. If she were to make any effort to free herself it seems that she would be set loose. Even backing against one of the swords would sever the cloth that now holds her.

It may be that each of the swords is like one of your hopes for the future, and by clinging to them blindly you are held by your own desires. You can have both freedom and hope, but with independence comes responsibility. Swords are symbolic of intellectual activity, and Eight is the number of cause and effect. To see where you are going you must be willing to look at things both as they are, and how you wish them to be. By taking control of the present, you can better shape the future you desire.

Fulgour

poivre

I use this card for self made prison from your thoughts, but now...

This card is feeling like it is the type of person who whines all the time about this and that and does nothing to change their life.
Someone stuck in a cycle that enjoys the mentality of it and does not do anything to change it. Can't see anything else but their own thoughts and that's all they believe.

Never thought of this card this way, but you know there are a lot of whiners out there and this would be the perfect card for them also.

Fulgour

Sometimes (not in the case of the reading I posted though)
I see someone who creates endless problems, tons of them,
and then uses that as their excuse for being "unable" to act.

An example might be where if by doing just one thing now
a person could begin to address their immediate concerns,
things would get moving, but they make that a problem too
~ "what to do first, what not to do, what about..." :rolleyes: :(

Ace

ros said:
I use this card for self made prison from your thoughts, but now...

This card is feeling like it is the type of person who whines all the time about this and that and does nothing to change their life.
Someone stuck in a cycle that enjoys the mentality of it and does not do anything to change it. Can't see anything else but their own thoughts and that's all they believe.

Never thought of this card this way, but you know there are a lot of whiners out there and this would be the perfect card for them also.

When I first learned tarot I saw this card as that kind of thing: I see (IN the Rider-Waite only) a person with a smirk on her face. I see her as saying: "boy, I screwed up good this time, now they HAVE to help me out!" A manipulative person, not just an unhappy or screwed up one. The Robin Wood version is a bit more dramatic, and the girl is less smug looking, even so: the tools of release are there, if you are willing to try to get free!

lark

8 of Swords

This card always reminds me of the movies.
You know the one where the bank gets robbed and everyone gets blindfolded with there hands tied behind there backs.
"Down on the floor and nobody move!"
Shouts the bank robber..and then he runs out.
Everyone stays right where they are for fear that he's not really gone (because they can't see.)
Or for fear that he'll come back suddenly and see that they moved.

The words of others carry a powerful inpact.
We can be stoped dead in our tracks because of something someone says in passing.
A comment from a parent, friend, or spouse can limit us for the rest of our life because we start to see ourself in one way and become blind to who we really are.
And what our potential is.