9 of wands for how someone feels

patienceislove

this card when i look at it shows a man who looks like he has been wounded, is tired and wants to say mercy.

others have said this is a card about preserverence. i dont see it that way, but i could be wrong.

now, to look at this card as feelings for another....

i would have to say the person feels bad for the other or may see them as a fighter.

that to me still doesnt explain "their feelings" in that position of the spread.

Anyone have thoughts on their take of how the 9 of wands holds for someones feelings for another?

Fostha

patienceislove said:
this card when i look at it shows a man who looks like he has been wounded, is tired and wants to say mercy.

others have said this is a card about preserverence. i dont see it that way, but i could be wrong.

now, to look at this card as feelings for another....

i would have to say the person feels bad for the other or may see them as a fighter.

that to me still doesnt explain "their feelings" in that position of the spread.

Anyone have thoughts on their take of how the 9 of wands holds for someones feelings for another?
I think they'd just feel like they gotta be on guard around the other,and that really wouldn't be any fun,or any kinda life,at all.No one should have to,or wants to live like that.

Thirteen

patienceislove said:

You're right and wrong. The reason it's about perseverance is because it's a card about someone who is at the end of their endurance and wants to give up. So when we get this card, we usually say to our sitter, "You feel like giving up, but hang in there, you're almost where you want to be." It's not about perseverance, it's about the fact that you're almost there but feel like giving up...and so the advice of the card is to try and persevere.

So, yes, this person likely feels, tired, wounded, at the end of their energy, and feels they ought to give up, surrender. Not like persevering. They need some glimmer of hope that success is just around the corner if they're going to hang in there.

WalesWoman

The perseverance bit in 9 Wands is also courage and integrity, withstanding adversity and not giving up. To me this would say "I've been hurt before, but I'm not going to quit or give up. I'm strong enough to take what ever anyone has to dish out... but don't f**** with me or I'll never let you past de' fences"

Fostha

WalesWoman said:
The perseverance bit in 9 Wands is also courage and integrity, withstanding adversity and not giving up. To me this would say "I've been hurt before, but I'm not going to quit or give up. I'm strong enough to take what ever anyone has to dish out... but don't f**** with me or I'll never let you past de' fences"
Nice words WW,the incorruptible really can defiantly withstand great loss. As you say,when you're coming from a place thats based in truth/passion,and not a load of old b****x,it takes one hell of an army to knock and keep you down.

poivre

patienceislove said:

They may have emotional issues from a situation in the past,
so they would not show any feelings. They would keep their
feelings to themselves???

:)

SirRushing

I get this card to mean perserverance and endurance as meaning you are survived, or is trying to survive a situation.

PAMUYA

For me it is the feeling of digging deep, knowing that you have to find the energy for one final push to the finish line. If you are a runner, it is that feeling you get just before you achieve the "runners high"(for me that is mile 9), if you are not a runner you wouldn't understand what I am saying.

SirRushing

I would say guarded feelings or being on guard, like you are preparing yourself to be attacked. Being defensive, by defending whatever is precious for you.

chrissydogz

i have always seen this card(at least the rws type versions of it)to be about looking back on something and refusing to move on because i think of the man in the picture as remembering his fallen comrades. so maybe the person in question can feel like he/she for whatever reason cant leave the past behind?.