A Blatant Campaign & Shameless Self-Promotion

Major Tom

The purpose of this thread is to encourage everyone to vote in the Top 10 Decks of 2005 Poll.

In previous years I have run campaigns for The Sprial and The Tarot of Prague. Both of these decks did appear in the Top 10 in the years I ran my campaign.

For 2005, with the publication of Major Tom's Tarot of Marseilles by the Association for Tarot Studies during the Melbourne International Tarot Conference, for me there can be no question about which deck I'd wish to promote.

Vote Major Tom's Tarot of Marseilles for the Top Ten Deck of 2005!

Please feel free to post your messages of support and encouragement.

If you want to promote a different deck, please feel free to start your own thread. ;)

WalesWoman

That's good... I guess shameless self promotion is not the same advertisements. :laugh:

DarkElectric

This is the only Marseilles deck I like!

tarobones

wider publication

Is it ever going to be published for the general public? I hear there were only 50 copies made. That's a shame, it's a great deck from what I can see. BB, Michael

jmd

My understanding is that the deck will be also available in future, the main difference being that the two-cups card will hold different publication details, and the card-stock and finish may be different.

At this stage, as far as I am aware, there are a very small number of decks still available from Tarot Garden in the US and perhaps also from Major Tom in the UK.

MeeWah

Major Tom: Finding it very difficult to vote for a favourite deck, so thanks for the idea :) The deck remains a special souvenir of the Melbourne Tarot Conference & the fond memories of the experience.

JMD: Thanks, too, for the information.

Alta

I am most fortunate because MeeWah brought me back a copy signed by the creator, and thanks to you both. It is an excellent study of the Marseille.

Emeraldgirl

'tis a great deck people. I picked mine up from the Melbourne Tarot Cafe cause I didn't get to make it to the conference.

Shade

Hmmm a deck of 50 copies in the top 10.... hmmm. That will be quite an achiement, When you go mass production you could have it written on the boxes.

Rosanne

My reasoning for voting for my favourite Deck in 2005 is that Major Tom's is the only 2005 Tarot Deck I purchased. Now out of the list of published 2005 Decks why would I vote for something I had not purchased? ;) I did purchase the Bright Idea pack for my brother's Business, but that does not advertise itself as Tarot :D. So it cancelled itself out!!! So that leaves me with one Deck only to vote for. I voted for Major Tom's Tarot of Marseille!! Aside from the SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION :laugh: it is a very good deck. If I am not using it for a reading for myself, I am using it to mark the positions in a spread for another Deck. It is compact, it has a nice matt finish, it fits perfectly inside my teddy Bear case and has become part of my Desert Island supplies (a case of Tarot stuff I grab in case of fire or get to be on Survivors) and it is the happiest Deck I own. All the most EXCELLENT reasons for voting for it!!! Give it a try- if anyone is willing to give up their precious Deck for you to try. :thumbsup: ~Rosanne