A card you "hate"?

Emma313

Hanged man, don't like that card, don't hate it, just annoys me

And the magician, just have total mental block there

Ace of Pentacles

QoS

Queen of Swords.

It is my least favorite card ever. I am not fond of Queen of Swords type of people in real life either. Cold, distant, aloof, insensitive. Most times unmarried ("I don't need a man to survive!") with no kids. The kind of woman that claims to be independent, strong, and happy being single when in reality she is lonely and bitter.

nisaba

No, not really. I love them all.

Looking back on my answer of a year and a half ago, it still stands, I still can't think of a card I hate. In fact, I don't think I can think of anything I hate at all: not an industry, not a flavour or smell, not a person (although some are more difficult than others).

Like people, some cards are more challenging than others. Some force us top look into our deepest selves and see the secrets we don't like about ourselves and that we don't want anyone else to know.

But even those cards - or perhaps ESPECIALLY those cards, are our friends in Tarot. They serve to wake us up, and serve to make us work on our weaknesses, our prejudices, or flaws and yes, even our crimes, and in some way make recompense for them, healing ourselves, our victims and in a subtle way the whole world around us.

nisaba

Queen of Swords.

It is my least favorite card ever. I am not fond of Queen of Swords type of people in real life either. Cold, distant, aloof, insensitive. Most times unmarried ("I don't need a man to survive!") with no kids. The kind of woman that claims to be independent, strong, and happy being single when in reality she is lonely and bitter.

Really? Swords are about intelligence. I've always seen the Queen Swords as the queen-with-a-brain: no matter how much her emotions are in a ferment, she thinks things through and acts rationally. Typical Queen Swords types are *exactly* the women you want on your team and in your family!

Your description seems to be a reversed Queen Sword and Queen Wand hybrid. :)

chaosbloom

The King of Cups in RWS. Pixie gave him quite a smug face, I always feel like there's something fishy with him. But I wouldn't say I hate the bloke, too strong a word. Besides, he frequently seems to hang out with the King of Pentacles in my deck, coming up side by side, so he must be alright deep inside, right?

I like all the mildly bad ones strangely. Death, Three of Swords, Ten of Swords, Four, Five and Eight of Cups. I don't mind very much getting them because I like them as cards. Really love the whole Cups suit besides the King but I'm sure we'll work out our differences eventually.

Cicas

Seven of Swords is not my favorite. When my current boyfriend and I were first dating, he was prone to running away and this card always called it.

But I don't hate the card. Sometimes I get it as my daily and it indicates "futility." I always know what this one is trying to tell me.

I think the High Priestess is one of my least favorite cards to read. I haven't connected well with her yet. I know she's supposed to be nudging you to trust your intuition etc, but I can't always put her in context.

Barleywine

Can't honestly say that I "hate" (or even dislike) any card based on its meaning. They all have a role to play in the overall system. But I can certainly "hate" seeing one come up in a spread. It took me years (well, actually decades) to come to a satisfactory grasp of Temperance in a mundane situation, I suspect because it carries so much alchemical baggage in many of the texts. I finally had to write my own interpretive guide based on all of the relevant inputs and boil it down into practical terms. I don't presently have a single card that gives me fits in a reading.

Cathyg09139

It funny you mention this, I thought I was the only one. It is not one card in particular, but several cards that tend to show up when you least want them there because they indicate a frustrating hold up on what you want to get moving. The card that pops up is just an indicative what where and why the hold up is and not much you can do about this either. I can totally relate. Someone mentioned The Hierophant V, that one I am very familiar with, as well as the annoying presence of the reversed queens and kings and others. It really depends on the question, the kicker is when you have 3 blockage cards in a reading of 7 cards. Blockages that indicate delays, frustrations, or a call to sacrifice through suspended animation such as with the XII Hanged Man, those aren't fun depending on the context of the question...
good thread btw

suk

I find Justice and Judgement so hard to really understand. They've started to just annoy me whenever they show up. I guess it's because they refer to things outside of our control, so the message becomes a bit hard to grasp, it often sounds like a variation on 'wait and see'. That can be frustrating I think, but maybe I'll develop a relationship with them as I get more practice.

DoctorLecter84

The 8 of Swords is not my favorite. I get it when asking about my love life and it indicates interference and psychological entrapment. I always know what this one is trying to tell me.