A lil poll about tarot journals

What format is your tarot journal in?

• Pen and Paper Journal

Votes: 52 63.4%
  • Electronic Journal (computer, iPad, etc)

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Both!

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Neither!

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters

Shade

Just wondering what method people used for recording their readings.

Debra

Simple and foolproof

If it's an interesting reading, I'll jot down the cards on an index card and then lose it.
Other times I take a photo of the cards and then forget what the question was.

Amanda

I wouldn't call it a 'journal'. I scribble notes... I do that with everything. :D I have this horribly bad habit of flipping to a random spot in a notebook and just writing. And then, as the notebook gets fuller and fuller (of everything, not just tarot stuff) then it becomes a lovely little hunt to find a clean page, because they're never just in order from my page-hopping. I've actually started putting the date next to my scribbles, just so if I go back through the notebook, and say, find an old spread I copied down from somewhere unknown, I'll know when I did it. Because my notebooks are always so out of order. I do try though. I try to start from the beginning... but that never lasts. It's so boring to go through the pages one at a time. It's so much more fun to go back through a full notebook that's out of order. :p

I wasn't like that in school. I was a neat-freak in school, and got paid by other kids to clean/organize their stuff. But... maybe that's why I'm like this now. ;)

Sulis

I write down most my readings and I have journals from years ago with thoughts on cards, elements, numbers etc.
I use a fountain pen and large moleskine notebooks.

pacificwaters

I have a journal (that I fill in religiously with a black pen), with a fixed number of pages earmarked for every card. Like say 5 for Major Arcana....if only 2 are filled the other 3 remain blank, to be used up when I come across more information for that particular card... I am an organizational freak, everything has to be in order :D

janie144

I prefer pen and paper journals, I enjoy writing in my journal, and I think my readings are always better written down, I dont know if its just because I can express myself better through writing or if it is because writing itself is almost meditative to me but regardless of why it works - it works so I keep doing it :)

Also I dont 100% trust computers, we dont really get on and things tend to go missing!

WolfyJames

My journal is 100% electronic on my computer, I use TreeDBNotes Pro. Everything is 100% electronic with me.

Le Fanu

If it's an interesting reading, I'll jot down the cards on an index card and then lose it.
Other times I take a photo of the cards and then forget what the question was.
:D

My Tarot Journal policy is;

1. Buy beautiful and expensive Journal, something tempting and luxurious and beautifully bound.
2. Spoil each page by writing the name of a card on it, thus rendering it useless for anything else.
3. Buy another deck

I find that this method has never failed me.

astronautica

I love using a pen and paper journal to record my readings as I'm doing them - it feels more organic and I like to keep my readings separate from technology. But the analytic side of my brain likes keeping track of my readings on the computer afterwards - I like to type my readings up on the computer and I add the cards that come up for me to a table so that I can cross-reference them and easily see how they apply to different readings on different topics to expand my understand of them :)

Kosjitov

There is no substitute for pen and paper. Unfortunately, computers can crash. On the upside, when you type things out it always looks miles better than whatever that chicken scratch was you called your handwriting and it's a hell of a lot easier to read by candle/dim light. My current binder is a mishmosh of printed sheets in sheet protectors in a 3 ring sharing space with some quickly scribbled notes. When I feel that I've mostly completed this area of study, I'd like to have one of those BIG grimoires (the +$300 hand sewn binding kind!)

I'm a geek. I love nice fresh paper, and beautiful pens, and I hate breaking in journals of anysorts. But they're so prettyyyyy...