A love story

seven stars

He was the Seven of Swords, plagued by the Devil. What was to come of it? The Tower? The Three of Swords? Or the Ten of Swords? For years she was The Hanged Man under the Moon. She prayed to the High Priestess, for Strength, for Temperance. But the Seven of Swords will leave their love the 9 of Swords. At times like these, she thought of the Six of Cups - when they were the Lovers, the Two of Cups, delighting in the Ace of Cups. They danced as the Three of Cups in the Sun, she his Queen, he her gentle King - no, the Magician. Or, so she always thought. So many years had passed, and still, the 8 of Wands. What would become of them? Was it really the Wheel, or had he been the Chariot all along? As the Hermit, she wondered at her path. Perhaps she had been unknowingly the Hermit all along, bumbling along like the Fool. With the heavy heart of the 5 of Cups, she wrote to him: Please. You were my World. Eight of Cups. She could not say the word Death.

Hasn't anyone else a story they can share?

nisaba

Once upon a time the Queen Wands came along and stole the Knight Cups from her friend, the Ten Wands. The Ten Wands didn't even have the energy to argue about it any more. The Knight Cups,, being the cruisey kind of guy he was, adapted to the new status quo.

But the Queen Wands wasn't satisfied with that, oh no.

"Get a better job!" she said, the Four Pentacles rearing its ugly head.

Eventually for his peace of mind, the Knight got a better job, hoping she'd stop nagging him.

"Get off the booze!" she said.

Eventually he gave up not only heavy drinking, but even having a single drink of his beloved Coopers. Do you know how HARD it is for a Knight Cups to give up his cup? Surely, he thought, she'll love me as I am now, and we'll have a peaceful life.

Nope. "Build decking on the back of the house!" she insisted, her bitchy Four Wands coming to the fore.

"But I work twelve hours a day, and commute for four!" protested his Inner Knight Pentacles.

"If you were a Real Man, you'd do it for me."

No Knight Cups likes having his Boy-Bits insulted. So he took up his ex's mantle of the Ten Wands, and tried to do heavy labour when all his body wanted to do was sleep.

"I'm not getting enough sex!" she insisted. "Whatever happened to your Ace Wands? Why is it flopping all over the place when it should be stiff?" Then her inner Lovers Card reared its ugly head. "You must be seeing someone else!"

All Ten Wands, still, he was too tired to argue.

So she told him to leave, and he did. For a while she had a nice Nine Pentacles period, marred only by the half-built decking. But after a while she did the round of her friends and shared five cups of coffee with them, bewailing the fact that he deserted her.

And this is an utterly true story. I'll be disembowelled if she ever finds out. <grin>

seven stars

Great story....well....great storytelling I should say. Thank you. I hope you find a better queen. Maybe the Empress and the Knight of Cups would be a good match. Where the hell's an Empress when you need one, though, huh?

nisaba

<sadly> There's no return matches for that particular Knight ... he transmogrified into the Hermit and found his way into the Great Darkness a couple of years ago. Sadly, that was his very last relationship.

So! Does anyone else want to retell a happy or sad love story in terms of Tarot?

(As soon as this thread popped up I remembered your strip with your two daughters in a shopping mall, checking out a guy in terms of Tarot cards - giggle)

nisaba

I rang him up once in the middle of the night to pick me up, apologising profusely, and he said he "didn't mind being a Knight In Rusty Armour" <grin>. The Knight in Rusty Armour was with me all the while I was writing the story. :)

seven stars

Just when you think you're the Hermit that Wheel dumps you off & the 8 of Wands start raining down on you completely when you're not expecting it. I don't mind being the Hermit, the Knights can be awfully chaotic & frenzied & time consuming & the Emperor is such a domineering soul I just don't think I'd have the patience for him anymore & I'm sure as hell too old for one of the Pages. I think I can be fine as the 9 of Coins no matter what comes up, at least for a while...not quite ready for the 10 yet I don't think.